Pending physicals..well then haha
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • nvmets10
Just unbelievable.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM
People are going to overreact to this for no good reason. The Braves are not that good. Seriously. Look at the lineup, look at the stats. They're not great.

Edited 1/24/13   by  KB24NYM
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • Moses0507
You add Justin Upton with Bj Upton your going to have a good lineup
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • skorpio520
awesome.
Now all the braves need is to have the mets sign bourn ,get the 11th pick and they had a grade a offseason.
un-freakin-believeable.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
I used to say the same thing. Not anymore after this.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • mets06ny
If we didn't get him thats fine but to go to the Braves makes it sting a little
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • Moses0507
Lets hope they gave up A LOT.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • mets06ny
Only person they have said is Delgado...but they have said he is not the biggest piece so we'll see. I hope they gave up a ton too!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM
Freeman, Uggla, McCann, J.Upton, Heyward = all solid but all flawed. Not a single great hitter in the lineup, and moving forward I'd take DW and Ike over any of em.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • robrock30

I saw this one coming. Mets should have given up Wheeler IMO. Braves now have an awesome lineup with Heyward, J Upton, Freeman, BJ Upton, McCann, Uggla. Prado can go to 3B with Simmons @ SS

Randall Delgado is going to Ariz. as the centerpiece. Wheeler plus prospects could have gotten it done.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • Moses0507

'Mets should have given up Wheeler IMO'

Are you F*Cking nuts?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM
Given up Wheeler? LOL
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547773.14 was deleted
  • 1/24/13
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
Didn't want him to go to braves but now the Wilpons and Sandy have to step up that much more and Sign Bourn (if they get their pick protected) and than go out and trade for a solid/proven starting RF. It's fun when the teams in the NL East are all good but the Mets are definitely needing to acquire some help to get up to the level of the current "big boy" teams, competition is alway's fun mets are just slacking right now... I like the Marcum signing though if he is and can stay healthy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • mets06ny
Braves give up Randall Delgado, Martin Prado, (ss) Nick Ahmed and (rhp)Zeke Spruill....DBacks send Upton and (3b) Chris Johnson.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • robrock30
Mets need a RH RF power bat with speed, they are deep in pitching. Wheeler has not proven anything at ML level and he has been replaced by Syndergaard at a lower level. It was necessary to block Atlanta from making this move. For J Upton at this time I would have made the exception to deal Wheeler. We will now have to watch and see how this plays out.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • skorpio520
the mets signing bourn is the last thing they need to do at this point
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • New_York_Mets_Fan
not if they can get their draft pick protected, he would be their starting CF and bat lead off why would that be a bad thing... I have to disagree with you. I'm not saying to sign him to a long term huge contract but if it is a fair deal for the mets I don't see why it would be a bad move at this point.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • nvmets10
Not a single great hitter, perhaps. But taken together, it's a darn good lineup.
  • Reply to this Message