• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• SHOCKED!!
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • ExileMetsFan

I didn't expect us to get Marcum, but I'm glad we did.

If they somehow shock me again and get Bourn, I'll believe they actually are trying to make the season worthwhile.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • bbjmparis
I agree. Good move. We just improved from a 95-100 loss team to a 90 loss team. If we got Bourn, we'd have a fighting chance for .500...with a bit more than average luck. I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
I too am very surprised and I give SA credit. Nice move by him. Of course...this news comes at the same time that we lost Hairston so that would figure. Hopefully we get a REAL OFer soon...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • fargol

"Hopefully we get a REAL OFer soon."

While I agree it would be nice to get a real OF'er (or two), I've never considered Hairston as anything except a platoon against lefties. If we got him and no other OF'ers, he'd have to start, and he is not a starter.

I'd be screaming more for Hairston if we already had at least 2/3 of a "real" OF.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012

You are such a bad poster, uGGGG.

So with the addition of Marcum, A full season of Harvey, Possibly Wheeler, Gee back and another year removed from surgery for Santana more then offsetting the loss of Dickey,

The dead weight from the pen gone, Bay & Torres replaced by Bourn, Thole, Shoppach and Nickeas replaced with Buck & TDA

And you would have us maybe being .500?

I am going to take a step back because right now I have about 20 very disrespectful names to call you.

Edited 1/24/13   by  saztastic2012
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
The perfect scenario is that we sign Bourn for CF (if we can somehow protect that pick) and then made a trade for a power RH bat (Trumbo, Willingham, Upton, or dare I say STANTON). And THEN signed Hairston/Young to platoon with Duda. That would be a very potent OF.
  • Reply to this Message