• we got one!!!!!!!
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
Marcum a Met!!! Woohoo!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 86kid

As I posted in another thread ,wonder what the terms of the deal are ? But this seems to be a good pick up. The guy has a good career ERA of 3.75.

Plus, if we get to July and are out of the race ( which seems likely ) then Marcum will make another nice trade chip for Sandy to flip - assume Marcum has a good 1st half.

This helps out a lot I think, and this move, in my view, is further reason why I don't get overly animated about a lack of moves until after the off-season is actually over.

And if rumors are true regarding Bourn, then that will be even further reason... But I don't want to lose a draft pick signing him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • 58pwrhtr
If his am his healthy he can be a real steal. A few years ago he was nasty, but he has lost some velocity and it makes his changeup very hittable.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Very good pick up, 3.70 ERA which already puts him in good position to help cover the loss of Dickey but that 3.70 ERA was in Milw, Gotta assume that goes down a bit as I assume his HRs will get cut down a tad.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • skorpio520
on a one year deal. kinda gettin tired of being these players rehab team.
nice sign though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • DFAB
hopefully he pitches lights out and we can trade him for something nice...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • thagreat1
Imagine if Santana and Marcum are just blowing batters away..we can use them together in a deal to get some real talented out fielders. Prospects of course
  • Reply to this Message