• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Our new Pitching Prince Also used a Slur
  • To:All
  • 1/23/13
  • bbyjean616
I dont hear how we should trade him. Why did the owners get a guy who used a <gay slur?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547749.2 was deleted
  • 1/23/13
  • MetObserver
Plus he wan't arrested and found guilty but that shouldn't be taken into account if you are a hater.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • Kranesback
It seems to have offended Phil Dumbphy enough that he doesn't post here anymore.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • govmule72

"It seems to have offended Phil Dumbphy enough that he doesn't post here anymore."

Ga zing.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547749.6 was deleted
  • 1/23/13
  • bbyjean616
Its just amazes me how things can be blown out of proportion to justify these guys but completley ignored at other times. The excuse that Delmon Youngs slur was the reason our Jewish owners didnt sign him is laughable. Especially when he went to a team with Jewish owners
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • 86mex17
Is this a witch hunt now?, If you have never used a slur towards anyone in your whole life even in a joking matter,then your a better man/person than me. However , Young nor syndergaard were not the first and wont be the last pro athletes/humans to make/say a stupid comment. Iam not playing it down, Iam just being a realist. Id be more worried about the young bat throwing incident. btw syndergaard said it to his friend in a joking fashon. He didnt say it to try to directly offend anyone. The comment was meant and directed towards his friend.

Edited 1/23/13   by  86mex17
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • bbyjean616

Is this a witch hunt now?, If you have never used a slur towards anyone in your whole life even in a joking matter,then your a better man/person than me. However , Young nor syndergaard were not the first and wont be the last pro athletes/humans to make/say a stupid comment. Iam not playing it down, Iam just being a realist. Id be more worried about the young bat throwing incident. btw syndergaard said it to his friend in a joking fashon. He didnt say it to try to directly offend anyone. The comment was meant and directed towards his friend."

Where were the Wilpons when they signed Ryan Church? that was a little more than a joke with a friend. The point is the people that are using Youngs slur as the reason he wasnt signed is the witch hunt. Its abusurd that people cannot just say, "Yeah, we should have been in on that"

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • alfolerud
Koolaiders will come up with an excuse for everything. I'm Jewish and I certainly would prefer Young over Kirk, Duda, Cowgill, MDD and others.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • metsheart
"Where were the Wilpons when they signed Ryan Church? that was a little more than a joke with a friend"

Wasn't a joke. Church asked a question of clergyman Jon Moeller in Nats clubhouse.

from Washington Post Sept 18, 2005:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/17/AR2005091701522.html

"Church was concerned because his former girlfriend was Jewish. He turned to Moeller, "I said, like, Jewish people, they don't believe in Jesus. Does that mean they're doomed? Jon nodded, like, that's what it meant. My ex-girlfriend! I was like, man, if they only knew. Other religions don't know any better. It's up to us to spread the word." "

You see Church's concern for his girlfriend's fate (and fate of <Jews in general) of potentially being <damned throughout eternity because they don't believe in Jesus & wanting to save their souls as the same thing as Young ASSAULTING someone while SCREAMING RACIAL EPITHETS & getting ARRESTED for (and pleading GUILTY to) a HATE CRIME?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • 86mex17
? Ok but thats not what your thread says . you were trying smear snydergaard by insinuating he was a racist and yet what snydergaard said was a joke to his friend ,. Fact , Should we have been in on him? For $750,000. Yea prob.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • metsheart
"The excuse that Delmon Youngs slur was the reason our Jewish owners didnt sign him is laughable. Especially when he went to a team with Jewish owners"

I couldn't find any info about any of the Phillies owners being Jewish. Only that they have a HALF Jewish GM. GM is an EMPLOYEE of the owners. He does as he's told by the owners.

So who are these Jewish owners of the Phillies?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • alfolerud
No, he was make the point that we should have signed Young despite his anti-semetic tirade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • fargol

"No, he was make the point that we should have signed Young despite his anti-semetic tirade. "

Which uses as its one and only premise, that he wasn't signed because of the tirade.

And he used ridiculous comparisons.

Did they not sign anyone else because of racial slurs? Or criminal records? Or bad hygiene?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • bbyjean616

? Ok but thats not what your thread says . you were trying smear snydergaard by insinuating he was a racist and yet what snydergaard said was a joke to his friend ,. Fact , Should we have been in on him? For $750,000. Yea prob."

Dude you misunderstood me big time. At no point did I or do I wanna smear a 19 uear old kid. I think its absurd thet peoples EVERY word is under a microscope. My point was how STUPID it is to use Youngs <jewish slur as a reason the Wilpons didnt sign him. The Wilpon defenders LOVE using whatever they can to defend the non moves. The biggest defense on not signing Young was the slur. My question was, why wasnt anyone upset of Synderguard then? My thread was to point out hypocrosy. I have NO IDEA how you took that as Im smearing the kid but that is not my intention

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • alfolerud
I think he wasn't signed because the Wilpons don't want to spend money.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • fargol

"I think he wasn't signed because the Wilpons don't want to spend money. "

I don't think 750K or so is too much even for them.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • alfolerud
Then I'm not sure why we didn't sign him. At least he has proven to be acceptable at the MLB level.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/23/13
  • 86mex17
My bad man , I must have mis read or saw someone else's post etc? I stand corrected, ok game on haha

• Reply to this Message