• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Gavin Glenn Christopher Joseph Cechinni
Message 547723.1 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • KB24NYM
dont play this game...koolaiders will tell you that you cant say a single word against either one until 2019 at the earliest, even though guys picked later look a lot better right now.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547723.3 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • jgrangers2
Ike Davis looked terrible his first year in the minors too.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547723.5 was deleted
  • 1/22/13
  • 4545_ajd

Baseball America Ranked Cecchini our 2nd best prospect behind Wheeler just 5-6 weeks before the Dickey trade. But I guess they don't know what they are talking about and you do.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/organization-top-10-prospects/2013/2614461.html

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • Gepett0

to be fair, those rankings were on crack...i mean just about everything they listed went against every other ranking out there (w/ the exception of wheeler being at number one)...thats not even to mention the BA bias w/ flores since they dropped him off the top 100 (try to find one player thats ever dropped off the top 100 and then gotten back on it...when a player falls, BA will never consider them again bc they want to save face...hence how they justify ranking him 6th in the system pre tda/synd)...ranking mateo 4th over montero and fulmer is pretty insane too imo....

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/22/13
  • abbymart
Only time will tell about prospects, but to be fair to those who did NOT like Cecchini...Stryker Trahan, Adam Walker, Joey Gallo all DID have better years and those were 3 of the guys that many people were saying we SHOULD have taken
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • Oldfan

Hawkins and Giolito would have been better picks.

Cechinni appears to have been a signability (under slot) pick. The same with Plawecki.

IMO, it was a bad draft, especially considering they didn't sign Stankiewicz, their 2nd round pick. It'll be a few years before a grade can be given, but, at this point, it seems the Mets could have done better.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • kaztast1c
Cecchini' FLOOR is a MLB utility man. His CEILING is, obviously, higher than that. It really surprises me how many people who watched the draft also failed to listen to the draft.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547723.11 was deleted
  • 1/22/13
  • 4545_ajd
Sandy said the Mets had him sixth overall and he was the highest ranked player left on their board
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • elsid1986
I watched and I listened and I think its a wasted pick.

Edited 1/22/13   by  elsid1986
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • nocedog

<<<Cecchini' FLOOR is a MLB utility man.>>>

Mindless logic right there. Anyone's floor, including Dylan Bundy's, is major league failure.

You just guaranteed Cecchini is a useful major league baseball player. Credibility, pwease.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • Gepett0

his ceiling is a solid but unspectacular middle infielder...and his floor is a AAAA utility guy...not even a guaranteed major league bench player...that is what i dont like about this pick...if you go young hs guys w/ potential, you need to go w/ guys who have a shot at being starts...high risk, high reward players....cecchini is a mid to high risk relatively low reward player...yes guys that can play short are always in demand but imo even if cecchini reaches his ceiling, he's not a difference maker

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
The brilliance of Kenboswell
Latest by MetObserver - 5:24 PM
Lets get at least 1 game..
Latest by comeagain - 5:23 PM
JSAngel: Trout a Fraud
Latest by comeagain - 5:15 PM
Secret Service Threatened Mr. Met's Life
Latest by MetObserver - 5:14 PM
Factoids Redux
Latest by thagreat1 - 5:12 PM