• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Erik Bedard
  • To:All
  • 1/21/13
  • bucknerismyhero
Just signed a minor league contract with the Astros...We are missing out on a ton of useful guys to minor league incentive laden deals. Bedard, if healthy, would be a very formidable #5 for this team. He has at least as much upside as some of the guys we are discussing giving a guaranteed deal. I know that we are broke and not trying to spend this winter, but the gross lack of activity in general is beyond disappointing. It is almost as if we are TRYING to throw together a terrible team so that we are assured of having a protected 1st rounder next year...SMH.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • DFAB
That is someone who we should have went after. He hasn't been GREAT for a while but on a minor league deal he should have been signed. I'm ok with Young being brought back but hopefully that would be in ADDITION to Marcum/Jurrjens. I have a feeling that the wilpons are just going to do enough for the bare MINIMUM.....if that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • AdrianMonk

That's okay with me. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • wrghtknght
They're basically trying to keep the team in stagnancy until they get their financial <bullshit together, which will probably take a VERY long time, and will probably go down with the ship if they can't. After all, we saw what they were willing to do to make sure they didn't feel the pressure to spend at the deadline last year. Team morale must be in the <shitter because of that.
  • Reply to this Message