• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Welcome back Pedro Feliciano
  • To:All
  • 1/21/13
  • 4545_ajd

Haha you got to love it, pitches good for the Mets gets signed and paid by the Yankees for 2 years doesn't throw a single pitch in the majors, Gets us a compensation draft pick in which we take Michael Fulmer and is now back with the Mets on a minor league deal.

How great did that work out for us? Rarely do these sort of things break so right for the Mets.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547717.2 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • miketodd9
Didn't he bash us after he got hurt, saying that he pitched too much? Or was it only the yankees staff that did that?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • krlnd

I agree, rarely do things work out like this for us since Fulmer can be a top of the rotation starter in a few years.

It reminds me of 1982 when Mazzilli was traded to the Rangers for Darling & Terrell, then we got Mazzilli back in 1986.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • 4545_ajd
Or Mike Hampton pitching us to a World Series, signing with Colorado where he pitched terrible and us getting David Wright back as compensation.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547717.6 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • krlnd
That was sweet as well (all thanks to that exceptional Denver school system!), but it's not exactly the same b/c Mazzilli and Feliciano are back with the Mets after we obtained stud prospects for them via trade/compensation, but Hampton never came back (which was a good thing considering his ridiculous salary...)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • JoseJose
Is he actually expected to pitch mlb?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • jsmet

Is he actually expected to pitch mlb?

He will fit right in with the rest of the scrubs in the bull pen

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
So I guess this is the sign of "rebuilding?"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • skorpio520
yay..................................?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • bmcneely
Then he came back and pitched against us on the Braves on opening Day at Shea and Got ROCKED.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • bucknerismyhero
I don't mind this at all. He comes cheap and if he has nothing left he's gone. I like some of our internal, younger, lefty relievers better, but he is decent insurance.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • jsmet
He can only get lefties out and now after the operation he wont
Even be able to do that. Another washed up pitcher.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • bucknerismyhero
He came here on a minor league deal, why don't we just see what he does in the Spring?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • sheadro
Ouch, this has to sting for Pedro. After leaving on bad terms with the Mets, and probably hoping to prove us wrong... He has to crawl back for a minor league contract
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547717.17 was deleted
  • 1/22/13
  • murphstates
According to the NY Times article about the signing he was about to come back and pitch for the Yankees last September, but sprained his ankle. Unfortunately it also says he was throwing 83 MPH.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/22/13
  • murphstates

Here are his numbers from the Puerto Rican Winter League.

"Feliciano pitched for Leones de Ponce of the Puerto Rican Winter League this season, not receiving a decision and compiling a 1.23 ERA (one earned run/7.1 innings) in seven appearances out of the bullpen. He struck out six and walked one."

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/22/13
  • bbjmparis
The Bull Pen is fixed....
  • Reply to this Message