• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• what if TDA Harvey &Wheeler perform on high level THIS YEAR
  • To:All
  • 1/21/13
  • thagreat1
Hypothetically speaking, if these three guys all have ROY caliber seasons (not that far fetched given how highly they're touted) can you see us getting 80+ wins? Now I know the bullpen is shot so that makes it less likely but what do you think
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547710.2 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • danthemetfan
if all three are as good as hyped, the team can be decent. The rest of the team needs to be good for them to have 80+ wins, but it is a good possibility. If it all comes together, then they could be a very unlikely 5 WC contender, but everything would have to go their way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • goetzcougar34
Yea I could def see that happening, however, itll take much more than those 3 like Ike Wright Duda and Niese all having great seasons. Everyone on this board is down, although i am a realist and know that our 2013 season is gunna be rough we can still pull off a miracle run. THings like the A's from last year can happen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • elsid1986

*can you see us getting 80+ wins*

not with this bullpen and what currently is the worst outfield in baseball.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • JackNicholson
Either way, 2013 will be fun watching these young guys playing. Watching them make mistakes and learning will be frustrating, but at least we have guys that will be interesting to watch!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • MetObserver

That is what I have been saying. Wishing for a contending team this year is only that a wish. We can hope but at least if it doesn't happen we can still enjoy the season.

Not everyone one thinks that you either make the playoff or you are not worth watching or following.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • elsid1986

*Not everyone one thinks that you either make the playoff or you are not worth watching or following*

Well the Wilpons must think they have a World Series contender since they raised ticket prices.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • MetObserver
That is mainly in anticipation of the All Star game this year. And you can put any price you want on a ticket but that doesn't mean that it will be sold at that price. Just like last year the prices were slashed for many seats during the season.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547710.10 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • elsid1986

*Just like last year the prices were slashed for many seats during the season*

Well that remains to be seen. But even if they slash them the place will still be a ghost town. Then they will complain they cannot invest in the team because of poor ticket sales.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • elsid1986

*Looking at what they have I don't see that as insurmountable do you*

Actually I do. Duda, Cowgil, Kirk and Baxter. All our 4th or 5th outfielders at best. None would start on a good team. This will be by far the worst outfield in baseball.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547710.13 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • Kranesback
Could mean the difference between fourth place and the cellar. We still have no bullpen or outfield.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • thebobymon

Considering they don't break camp with the parent club, I have a hard time believing they will have that big an impact in their limited, if any, ML time this year.

Barring a horrendously slow start or injury I can see Travis making it up, but I don't think we see Wheeler at all till September, maybe sooner if injuries plague us yet again.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • thagreat1
Let's say Wright and Davis and Murphy all have similar to better Years this year then combine that to the scenario in the original post and we can definitely make a miracle run
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • thagreat1
Wheeler and TDA will be up before late June. That's a lot of time to give us a push
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • elsid1986

Let's say Wright and Davis and Murphy all have similar to better Years this year then combine that to the scenario in the original post and we can definitely make a miracle run

I admire your optimism. But I will repeat what I said previously. This team will be irrelevant in the playoff race by Memorial Day.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • thagreat1
all I'm saying is that it's plausible
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • alex8686
Doubtful. There's little offense. Not much bullpen. Little depth overall.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
JSAngel: Trout a Fraud
Latest by jsmet - 7:23 AM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 7:20 AM
Music Thread II
Latest by jereviens - 7:15 AM
Baseball Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 7:11 AM
Wilmer Flores with 7 RBI already
Latest by jsmet - 7:11 AM