• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Sign Bourn, give up the draft pick
Messages 547701.1 through 547701.2 were deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • archgraham
We will be owned by the Wilpons for all eternity. We are stuck with small market financial capacity. Rebuilding is our only chance and Bourn won't make us winners anyway. The Braves would love to have that pick instead of Bourn.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547701.4 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • gomets66

The Braves would love to have that pick instead of Bourn.>>>

braves wouldnt get the 11th pick. just a comp pick. mets pick would be removed off board and rest of 1st rd moved up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • 86kid

>>>"Sandy will just waste it on another slap-hitting utility infielder anyway I'd bet. Or overreach for some HS super raw kid."<<<

Sandy's draft picks can be judged in the next fews years, not now. It's premature to make such statements now when the kids aren't even in AA yet, let alone having any major legue ABs.

I heard some members here saying some of the same sorts of thing when Omar drafted Ike and Harvey. Player development is a process, not a fast food order. You have to give these things time to show what they will or won't be.

I don't favor giving up the #11 pick + plus money for someone like Bourne, when we are not even ready to compete for 3rd place yet, let alone a WS. This is not something a team trying to rebuild should do.

Edited 1/21/13   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547701.7 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • gomets66
well look at how some fans overrate some met players. the best available players on the market usually get overpayed.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547701.9 was deleted
  • 1/21/13
  • gomets66
for a team that is a couple years from contending, i agree. just kind of stinks watching another season basically be over before it begins.
  • Reply to this Message