• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I think we should trade Duda
  • To:All
  • 1/20/13
  • alex8686
It's always a good idea to trade the misfits and blocked players. Duda is a 1B/DH. He's not an OF. So that's a problem. Trade your problems away and things will gel better. I don't like the idea of a 1B playing LF. Get a truer LF for Duda.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • Melo15nym
I've been saying this for a while. Problem is Duda has no value right now to other clubs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • alex8686

Yeah it's tough because if you trade him now while his value is low you don't get much back, and then if he ends up hitting 25 HR's it makes you look bad. Tough situation.

Thing is though, with interleague play now right at the start of the season, he can be used as a DH a lot of the times. So that helps.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • metthunder
Cleveland needs a 1B/DH, just saying
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • alex8686
Yeah, or maybe the Angels. Duda is a California kid. How about Bourjos for Duda? Somewhere in California. Dodgers for Capuano or something like that. Get him in California where he feels more at home.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • TheFriNgE
True, but of what benefit is retaining Duda for even half a season? As long as he's playing out of position, I feel his offense will also be affected, so, he would be a nice prospect as part of a package. We can not afford to KEEP Duda. So just let it be, so what he hits 25 dingers for another team? That's not going to happen as long as he's a Met.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • RobfromLI

My wife thinks I should take the garbage out.

The difference?

She doesn't think I'm bringing something awesome back with me.

Duda is garbage. Trade him, keep him ... whatever. He will be a bouncer in two years.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547698.8 was deleted
  • 1/20/13
  • RobfromLI

What about a new hot dog vendor?

That was the running joke about Butch Huskey back in the day. We were going to trade him for a new hot dog vendor and a bag of balls.

Man, this franchise just doesn't bring back a ton of great feelings ...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • marvelousmarvin

We could just release him since he's a "misfit" and sign Jay Payton. He didn't go to Stanford, but he is a real outfielder and he would come very cheap on a minor league deal. That he is 40 is of no consequence, because he is an outfileder and Duda isn't. Sheesh.

Duda will hit 25 homers one day.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • RobfromLI

lol

I remember saying to my Yankee fan friend "You wait dude, Payton is going to be a freaking stud. That guy is ripped! Look at him!"

Duda will hit 25 HR someday, I agree. Of course it will be in a local softball league beer league and it will only be because he keeps hitting it into the creek that no one wants to slog through.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Maybe so, but I think Duda will prove to be a serviceable outfielder with power. More importantly, he fits Alderson's plan to have cheap hitting and lucky pitching.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • RobfromLI

I hope you're right.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • Caughtlk'n
Your guys drafted him, he's yours!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • KLake409
Ok maybe trade him but wait until he gets hot (if he goes on a tear like he did the 2nd half of 2011) so his trade value is higher that's the time to trade him (there's no point of trading him when his trade value is low).

Edited 1/21/13   by  KLake409
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • Kranesback
Wow, maybe we can get Vinny Rottino back for him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • gomets66

Cleveland needs a 1B/DH, just saying >>>

why? duda would be a part time/backup for them. maybe get a C MiL back though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • thagreat1
Who are we gonna get for him? Chris Woodward?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/21/13
  • danthemetfan
Duda doesnt really have power... He looks like he should, but he doesnt. Once in his career he has hit more than 20 HR in a year, in 2010 if you meld his minor league numbers he had 23. And to be a serviceable OF, shouldnt you be able to play the OF? Duda has no place on this team, and if he does it shows why the team is so bad. The Mets will need lucky pitching with his D. I'd trade him for anything, and with no fear. I seriously doubt he will ever hit 25 hr or more.
  • Reply to this Message