New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Predict Wheeler's debut
  • To:All
  • 1/20/13
  • FromTheRedSeats

A. I hope his debut is at home

B. If he's doing good, he should be up by June.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 547687.2 through 547687.3 were deleted
  • 1/20/13
  • 86mex17
Hopefully at home in like june, Gonna be hard to top Harveys only strasburgs was better in like the last 30 years, Id be happy with 6 inn 2er 8 ks/7 inn 3 er 8 ks something like that. I guess well see , Iwouldnt put too much stock in the first dozen or so starts anyway if wasnt as effective as advertised. Its rare when future aces come up and imediately dominate.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • FromTheRedSeats

Hey I know I've been tough of the prospects, but this kid does actually give me some hope.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkA-YILjD6o

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKK7CU1GaE8

• Reply to this Message
Messages 547687.6 through 547687.7 were deleted
  • 1/20/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
I hope so. I have MLB extra innings and I don't want to listen to some dope announcer. I want to listen to Gary, Keith, and Ron give an analysis on him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
Do you like his mechanics? I heard someone said his mechanics are injury risk but it looks nice to me.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • kaztast1c
His delivery screams "Tommy John" to me. Very little back leg bend when he is at the top of his delivery. Compare to a Tom Seaver who got so low on that back leg and thus got most of his power from his legs, Wheeler seems to be getting a ton of his power from his arm. It's not universal, but that much stress on an arm almost assures an arm injury.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 547687.11 through 547687.12 were deleted
  • 1/20/13
  • 86mex17
Ha, good thing Joe Morgans not announcing anymore you wouldnt even know hes in the game. Haha
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/20/13
  • 86mex17
Off topic but , The most brutal /bias announcer in sports is any game aikman does with the Giants in it. WOW is he terrible! Also any "analyist" on the MLB net. talking about the Mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • Melo15nym

His mechanics with the Giants were a red flag. When he was traded to the Mets he went back to what he did in high school and you can see the difference. When he was with the Giants he halted his lower body before getting the ball up into the driveline and letting the energy he built up through his core allowed his arm to come along for the ride as he threw the pitch.

Now his delivery is much more fluid and you can easily see by the results.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxTl0Dpcb-8

Edited 1/20/13   by  Melo15nym
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547687.16 was deleted
  • 1/20/13
  • 86mex17
It seems like Aikmen does every giant game. I mute the tv and listen to the radio broadcast haha I cant stand him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • 86mex17
Being where we are from my two favorite announcing teams of all time are/Where ,sam and Jd with the rangers and Keith gary and ron. And ofcourse Murph.

Edited 1/20/13   by  86mex17
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
Backman said he see's no arm problems/injuries from him. Just saying.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547687.20 was deleted