• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Seattle is stupid
Message 547645.1 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • alex8686
I didn't think it was stupid. I think both Franklin and Walker are overrated, overhyped prospects.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30
Upton was injured most of last year until last six weeks when he raked like in 2011 where he carried the team to postseason with MVP caliber year @ age 23.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547645.4 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • sheadro
I don't agree. Was it an overpay? Yeah it seems so, but I they thought he was worth that price and I imagine they know their organization better than us. I don't understand how what they offered changes anything. That has always been AZ's asking price. But Seattle is no longer in the bidding, so that is one less team willing to pay that. The market is what teams are willing to pay, not previous trade offers that are no longer available
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30
I would give Wheeler Flores Mejia & Edgin
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 547645.7 through 547645.8 were deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • alex8686

Wheeler projects as a good, but not elite, workhorse #2 starter. Myself personally, I would trade that with some other pieces for a young, elite level RF talent like Justin Upton.

It's always the best policy to trade non-elite players for elite players. Wheeler is good, but he's not elite. He's certainly not in Strasburg/Kershaw company and it's doubtful he'll be a true ace. More like a good #2.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547645.10 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30
We need Upton right now more than Wheeler who is unproven. Add Hairston a FA SP & BP and Mets are contenders for 2nd WC.
Mets have plethora of SP up & coming and zilch in RH power speed RF. Fans will come if Upton delivers.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547645.12 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • FromTheRedSeats

"upton is not a top player who will carry a team he is a good complimentary piece"

He would not be brought here to carry the team.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30

Upton is going to be moved before the season. They are hot for Wheeler so I am giving them our best package.

Stanton may not go until trading deadline or next offseason and there will be a lot more interest from other teams.
Marlins won't want to trade him in their division.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30
He carried Ariz in 2011 into playoffs. He was their entire offense in every category @ age 23.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547645.16 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
How do you know Wheeler will be good?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • 4545_ajd
How do you know Upton will?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547645.19 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
Because he's been in the league for six years and has put up good numbers each year and he's only 25. Upton is an established outfielder, Wheeler is still a prospect. Let's let Wheeler complete at least two seasons before calling him good.
  • Reply to this Message