• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Justin Upton
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13
  • The5Wright5Way

Before the people who believe there is NO WAY Upton ends up here read this.

The D'backs want close to ready MLB players. They need 3B and pitching.

They want Wheeler, or Harvey - We won't trade them
-talks are at a standstill

I expect Bourne to sign with the Rangers - taking them out.

The D'backs no matter how much they say they don't need to trade someone.. they do. Eaton is 24 and knocking on their door. Ross, Parra, and Kubel are who they want in their outfield (with Eaton).

-Its clear Upton is the odd man out (bad move imo)

I believe that Wilmer Flores (3B-ready in sept 2013) , Jerruys Famelia ( P- ready now), Rafael Montero (P- Read 2014), Michael Fulmer (P- Ready Sept 2014) get it done.

That's a big package but it lets us keep Harvey, Wheeler, and TDA. We get to keep the brooklyn guys, and Cecchini/Nimmo since they don't want lower level guys

Maybe Sub Syndergaard for one of those pitchers to make them more interested?

Upton is the epitome of the player we are looking for. He's 25. Get it done?

Edited 1/17/13   by  The5Wright5Way
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • gomets66

The D'backs want close to ready MLB players. They need 3B and pitching.>>>>

they have a better 3B prospect about ready.
familia? might not even make mets bullpen. not ready now.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • AdrianMonk

I don't think the DBacks are looking for Flores and a bunch of A ball pitchers (okay, Familia is further along, but still not a coup for them). They would want Niese and try to get us to give more. It's a tough call on our part to give them Niese, and we shouldn't go overboard handing over prospects too.

Maybe Niese + Familia

Edited 1/17/13   by  AdrianMonk
Edited 1/17/13   by  AdrianMonk
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • mets06ny
Matt Davidson better than Flores? Slow like Flores if not slower (3) stolen bases in his minor league career, has some pop and has a minor league .266 BA. I wouldn't say he's better?!?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • gomets66
scout do. he is rated higher as an overall prospect and 3B prospect.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30

I am not sure they are interested in Flores as they have Davidson as a 3rd base prospect. I would offer them Wheeler, Flores, Mejia, & Edgin for Upton which should get it done. They want Wheeler & Mets need Upton. Wheeler will not be on Met roster at start of season & has not proven himself yet at ML level. He has been replaced by Syndergaard at a lower level.
Maybe an overpay but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Upton gives Mets instant buzz & brings fanbase back to Citi next year. Otherwise chances are he winds up with the Braves and Met fans will watch their pitchers get mashed by Braves killer lineup for next few years. Heyward J Upton freeman BJ Upton Mccan Uggla.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • hamp
I agree with you in that the talks are stalled because the DBACKS want Wheeler and they aren't trading him.....where I disagree is your suggested package....We desperately need an every day OF like Upton but we just don't have enough bargaining chips without trading part of the core....it is a waiting game,perhaps we get lucky
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • sheadro
I don't think it matters anyway. We are talking about propects here not established players. You can't have too much organizational depth at any position. In any trade involving prospects you should always be eyeing the most vaulable assets that either have the best chance of making an impact at the MLB level or increasing their value as assets. Worst/best case scenario is that both have the ability to "make it" and you are left with an extra expendable asset.

Edited 1/17/13   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • alex8686
That package doesn't get it done. Not even with Syndegaard.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • alex8686
I would make that deal and then if he has a monster season in one of the next two years you could trade him for an even bigger package. You'd be buying low so it makes sense to be in on Justin Upton right now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30
Yes I have consistently been for this deal and I had made you see the light. You were the one that broke the David Wright signing if I remember based on inside info which was dead on.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • The5Wright5Way
Wright is my boy
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • alex8686
Wow, you remember the David Wright thing. Yeah, I was the first one to post that on the internet.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30

I never forget anything & I commented at the time that you gained a lot of credibility with that one.

I was the one that sold you on Wheeler Flores Mejia & Edgin for Upton and you came around my way

• Reply to this Message
Message 547642.15 was deleted