• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Messages 547638.1 through 547638.3 were deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • sheadro
I don't think that is that laughable. Clearly he has a belief in his own ability, but when you look at it this infield has a chance to be very good. they have a lot of proving to do outside of Wright of course but still it seems to be a strength of this ball club.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • DFAB

that's not as funny as you might think...

1b: Ike davis

Ike is a safe bet for 30 hrs and GG caliber defense. His average will get better and I can definitely see a typical season for him being about .270 with 40 hrs and 120 rbis

2b: Murphy

Easily one of the most UNDERRATED players in baseball. He has great plate discipline who doesn't strike out much. He will hit for a good average around .300 and contribute 40+ doubles to the lineup. He will get better with his defense and if he can just be average defensively, he will be a very good player.

SS: Tejada

GG caliber defense. Can hit for a good average and expect it to be .290+. He too has great plate discipline and can work the count. He doesn't have much power obviously but can be a solid doubles hitter with at least 30-35 per year.

3b: Wright

We know what we have here.

C: D'Arnaud

All he needs to do is hit for a decent average with 20+ hr power and good defense.

It certainly has the potential to be a great infield.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 547638.6 through 547638.9 were deleted
  • 1/18/13
  • 4545_ajd

">>>> As a rookie, in a partial season?

NOPE."

Why not?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • gilforhof
Harper did it, Strasburg did it, Gooden did it, et al. I see no reason why TDA can't do it. We'll see soon enough.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 547638.12 through 547638.13 were deleted
  • 1/18/13
  • 4545_ajd
Exactly Mike Trout Came up on April 28th and he finished the season with a WAR that was 2.5 higher than the next best player in baseball, so to definitively say d'Arnaud can't be a top 3 or 4 catcher is ridiculous.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • 4545_ajd

"Not saying the kid won't develop and be good for 2014 but playing C is rough, he's got a larger learning curve is all. 2013 is too early to expect good things from the kid I think"

Willin Rosario hit .270 with 28 HRs as a rookie catcher last year and he was even younger than TDA will be in 2013.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 547638.16 through 547638.17 were deleted
  • 1/18/13
  • leaffie
You are comparing Mike Trout to D'Arnaud? You are in for a big shock if you think they are anywhere close.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • 4545_ajd

"You're comparing TDA with freaking Mike Trout? Good luck with that."

Trout ws one of the 2-3 best players in the majors last year, you are saying TDA won't be one of the 3-4 best catchers in the majors.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547638.20 was deleted