• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Lol A Team turned down a trade for Dickey...
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13
  • 4545_ajd
but a week later they offered the same two players for d'Arnaud. Wonder what the team/players were.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547633.2 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • AdrianMonk

Myers
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547633.4 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • 4545_ajd

"please elaborate "

Sandy didn't go into specifics but what he said is that when the Mets were talking to teams about Dickey they asked for two prospects from a team for Dickey and were turned down, and after they traded for d'Arnaud and Syndergaard that team offered up those same two prospects just for d'Arnaud.

Edited 1/17/13   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • MetObserver
Wasn't that trade done before the Dickey trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • MetObserver
It may have been Tronto. Who is their catcher?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Metsbert

~~~ Sandy didn't go into specifics but what he said is that when the Mets were talking to teams about Dickey they asked for two prospects from a team for Dickey and were turned down, and after they traded for d'Arnaud and Syndergaard that team offered up those same two prospects just for d'Arnaud. ~~~

If this is true, Sandy should've pulled the trigger. Think about it: He would've gotten THREE prospects for Dickey. He would've gotten 2 of them anyway for Dickey, so Synderella would've been a bonus.

Unless he thinks that TDA is better than the 2 prospects, in which case, that mysterious team must be cursing their luck.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • alex8686

"that team offered up those same two prospects just for d'Arnaud."

Wow. I wonder what the prospects were.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Gepett0
my guess is that it was texas w/ one of them being Olt and the other being a guy like perez or maybe martin
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30
I tend to agree with you. Texas waited to sign AJ Pierzynski & they have been offering Olt for Upton. I think that Texas is not that high on Olt due his callup last year & his high stikeouts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • bmcneely
Probably the Dodgers they Did offer us Gordon SS and Lee AAA pitcher.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • MetObserver
Except that trade was turned down by the Mets not the Dodgers.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 547633.14 through 547633.15 were deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • bmcneely
Oh I misread that, Okay then my guess is Red Sox it was reported Mets called them but as I understand it the Sox hung up when Sandy asked for their top 2 prospects. If not them or Texas then who knows, I hope Rubin can find out and report it as us Met fans haven't had much to talk about the last 2 weeks.

Edited 1/17/13   by  bmcneely
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • KB24NYM
Had to be the Rangers and Olt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30
Texas is holding onto Profar until Stanton or David Price is avail. I think they offered Olt & Martin for TDA but not Dickey.
  • Reply to this Message