• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Santana wants to pitch in WBC
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13
  • 4545_ajd
Only a good idea if they plan on using it as a showcase before trading him prior to opening day. Otherwise there is no way he should pitch in the WBC.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
Sandy sounded very uneasy about letting him do that. Like he wants him to be at his best for the Mets so they can possibly and hopefully send him to a contender
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • murphstates
No way, the odds of it being a good enough showcase are far outweighed by the chance he gets hurt.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • DFAB
I think that might be the idea. Might be where the Santana trade rumors are coming from before the season. Trading Santana makes sense ONLY if we get a GOOD piece in return...not if we get some avg guy. It also would make ZERO sense if it is purely a SALARY DUMP. We haven't spend ANY of the deferred money from Wright or Bay so I doubt we would spend money saved from Santana....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • 86kid

>>>"Only a good idea if they plan on using it as a showcase before trading him prior to opening day. Otherwise there is no way he should pitch in the WBC."<<<

It really should be the last thing on his, or anyone elses mind. I can't imagine they allow that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • joebenigno
maybe he wants to support Hugo Chavez and win one for the Gipper
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • metsnation
Cant even make 30 starts and he is getting paid a ton. No Way
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • metsicle

Sandy said he wasn't eligible to pitch in the WBC because of how much time he missed last year.

there's no way the mets let him pitch anyway.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • bmcneely
Can the Mets say No?
  • Reply to this Message