New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• lol...had to laugh at this...
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13
  • DFAB

Mike: "What about right field?"

Sandy: Uh....uh....uh.....uh.....we have a couple players there...

Couldn't name ONE guy?? Had to laugh at that one lol. With that being said, I still think you are a good guy Sandy and trust you will do the best you can while given nothing.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
Its not his fault he is trying to make something out of nothing. He was put on the spot LETS GO METS!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • DFAB
If SA was given 120m to work with, there is no doubt in my mind he could build a WS team...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
Exactly his hands are tied. LGM LGM LGM!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • sheadro
I believe that he know how to assemble a winning team. My fear is he may be overly frugal and refuses to accept the true market. I'm hoping that it all has to do with his lack of flexibility and budget, but at some point you have to wonder if it isn't all the Wilpon's here. I guess we will see if and when we can spend some money
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547630.6 was deleted
  • 1/18/13
  • govmule72

"I believe that he know how to assemble a winning team. My fear is he may be overly frugal and refuses to accept the true market. I'm hoping that it all has to do with his lack of flexibility and budget, but at some point you have to wonder if it isn't all the Wilpon's here. I guess we will see if and when we can spend some money"

I tend to agree with you here. Yes, it's the Wilpons...but is it all the Wilpons? Probably not.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • DFAB
awesome! Is he ok with a minor league deal?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • DFAB
I am fully confident that SA can maximize the resources he is given and get the most out of them. The problem is that he is given next to NOTHING to work with.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • MetObserver
I can't think of a reason why Sandy would be frugal on his own. For what purpose? If he spends money he just wants it to be for a young player that will be around for quite some time not just a stop gap player. That makes sense to me, being frugal just to be frugal doesn't.
  • Reply to this Message