• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Manti Te'o
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13
  • joemets22

Just wondering what people here thought of this whole insane story.

And I thought a tweet I saw earlier was great..."Which hoax is worse, Manti's imaginary girlfriend or Sandy's imaginary outfielder?"

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • METMAINEAC

He's a complete fraud.

He needs to just man up now and tell the truth. The hole he's digging is getting bigger by the hour.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Gepett0

id still draft him...kid is a beast

if anything, this just means he may actually be around at 19

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • METMAINEAC
yeah, he'd fit right in with the Jets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • joemets22
I agree, the guy is pure trash. I wonder if this will blow up so far that he'll eventually have to man up and admit to everything. All these papers and websites that did those pieces about him and his GF are not going to be happy about looking so bad now. Hopefully they'll get after him hard.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • joemets22
I don't think he's a 1st rounder. Did you see the championship game? He got plowed over by Bama's RB and O-line. He was exposed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • jets_mets
He's incredibly overrated. He's a bit undersized and not real fast. He's good but people are hyping him way too much. His coverage is his best asset. Alabama made him look like a fraud.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • vbch

"Which hoax is worse, Manti's imaginary girlfriend or Sandy's imaginary outfielder?"

Or how about Lance Armstrong?

I don't understand the online dating thing. Maybe he needs to get with Match or E-Harmony and get himself hooked up for real.

Te'o got exposed by Alabama's RB's and OL. But then again, Alabama did that to just about everybody they played. Their offensive line is probably the most dominant unit that any college team can put on the field these days.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Gepett0
i still think hed be a good pick for the giants at 19...top 10 would have been too high but he could be a steal if he gets that far (and if he drops from round 1 could be the steal of the draft)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Gepett0
also it was pretty clear that their game plan was "stop te'o" and, once they did, the rest of the D folded...te'o carried that d single handedly all season
  • Reply to this Message