• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Sandy on WFAN: He's lying
Message 547627.1 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
Said that they expect some additions to happen before the start of the season. And that being patient is an understatement
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547627.3 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
hopefully not man hopefully not.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547627.5 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • METMAINEAC

He also couldnt name a (the) fukcing Right Fielder?

?!?!?!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS

YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!! LETS GO METS!!!!!!

You wanna take a swing at it? uhhhhh 50-50

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
he does not sound too confident not what I want to hear from our GM
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • elsid1986
This is just an observation: It's been my experience in watching interviews etc. over the years that when people search for words when speaking its not because they want to lie, but more that they do not want to tell the truth. There is a differnce.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • fargol

"he does not sound too confident not what I want to hear from our GM "

I wouldn't either if I was working for the Wilpons.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
good point. I understand his hands are tied. But you can just hear the struggling in his voice LGM
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • JoseJose
LOL - neither would I. But he accepted the job knowing full well every single ramification, as he was working out of the commissioner's office and Fred specifically sought help from that office.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • MetObserver
I think it would be lying if he stated that he was definitely going to do something specific. If says that they will be working to improve the outfield. That is not a lie. They have most likely been contacting other GMs for trades. The problem is they don't have the strength in the farm to make some of the trades they want. You have to understand that if you start with a weak team with no highly valued talent and a weak farm system and an owner that doesn't have extra money to throw at the problem it is a very hard job to build a winner.
  • Reply to this Message