• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Alderson on FAN today
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13
  • lybshim
Looks like Alderson will be on with Mike at 4pm. Interested to see what load of nonsense spills out of his mouth this time. My guess is he tells us that there is plently of offseason left and he can see some moves being made (to get us to buy season tickets) He will then give us his typical line about having financial flexibility to make moves at the trade deadline (which he knows will never be spent because the team is terrible and wont compete at the deadline). I just hope Francessa rips into him a bit about the lack of OF help. Mike said all season last year that there is no way they can afford to come back with the same pathetic OF.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Moses0507
Is the offseason over?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • JoseJose
Has it begun?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • JoseJose
When I listen to a GM of a team I am a fan of, I hope to hear how the team will be improved and what the plan is for the future. When I hear Spindy speak, in all honesty he comes across as deceitful, he does not give straight answers or any answers, he spins things, and generally sounds like a snake oil salesman. In contrast, during the winter meetings I heard interviews with other GMs who clearly laid out their plan for their team in black and white. All of this supports that notion that this guy was appointed by Bud to spin/figurehead Fred's small market transition because he still wants to pretend he has enough money to be a mlb GM.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • METMAINEAC

Heard that at lunch on Fatso's opening. Was thinking the same thing.

This guys starting to make Omar look like a saint.

Dont forget about another SP.

...and "we're not punting on this season".

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • lybshim
Its not over but lets get real. There are no notable moves coming. They haven't done anything to this point so I doubt they are doing anything notable between now and spring training. If you want to keep giving Sandy the benefit of the doubt that's your choice.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • govmule72

"Has it begun?"

touche!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • murphstates

You should go back and take a look at the MLB transactions that took place from the end of the Winter meetings last year until opening day.

Very little significant activity takes place. It's almost exclusively minor moves.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • MetObserver
Does any GM actually put out his real plans and say which players he is targeting? That wouldn't be a very good strategy at all. When they speak about changes and payroll it always has to be contingent on players wanting to come here, GMs willing to trade, and the right players being available. Without things falling into place it is rather hard to work miracles without the proper financing behind you. Good intentions are only a portion of the equation.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • thagreat1
we acquired Santana just a couple weeks before spring training
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • robrock30

I listened carefully the last time he went on with Mike. I hope Mike pins him down on Met finances. Sandy usually clears his throat & has that nervous laugh before he dodges and bs's his way through uncomfortable questions.

Last time he dodged why the price of FAs had increased and why small market teams were strongly pursuing them.
He knew the answer was that the revenue that each team was to receive from the national TV revenue was doubling & increasing by 25 million. That plus the Bay & Wright deferrals why is it that the Mets can't sign a major league FA.

I am looking for Mike to follow up & pin him down on this.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • Moses0507
The Dickey trade didn't happen??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • murphstates
The exception is not the rule. Michael Bourn will sign somewhere between now and the start of the season, but that is not the norm.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • thagreat1

<<i am looking for Mike to follow up & pin him down on this>>

I never liked mike but I would respect the heck outta him if he did this

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • lybshim
The Dickey move did not address the OF which is the biggest issue the team has. Alderson will not make any moves that involve a player making any sort of Major league salary.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • METMAINEAC

If anything, Mike will be in a terrible mood. Callers have been skewering him the last 10 minutes i have tuned in.

If he treats Sandy the same way, we should be in for a treat.

Doubt it will happen.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • DFAB
"They have been watching the market"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • DFAB
"We are hopeful we will have additions by spring training"
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/17/13
  • DFAB
"Fred just told me we have $10 to spend if $9 gets deferred"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • PutItInTheBOOKS
BEING PATIENT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
What does 14 mil+11mil +7 1/2mil =?
Latest by gatorupset - 11:44 PM
Good road trip
Latest by nym3120 - 11:44 PM
satisfied Mets fan
Latest by nym3120 - 11:33 PM
We have a big-time Closer problem going forward (IMO)...
Latest by almandareo357 - 11:31 PM
Mets 10 Game Home Stand Predictions
Latest by nym3120 - 11:29 PM
Beer
Latest by thatsrightthemets - 11:27 PM
FRENCHY PUNKED BAD!
Latest by marvelousmarvin - 11:16 PM
Cubs
Latest by gatorupset - 11:13 PM
Valverde
Latest by gatorupset - 11:11 PM
Best Starting Lineup with Everyone Healthy