• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Brian Wilson
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • jsmet
Are not interested in him anymore. Did not like the way he pitched.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • alfolerud
Every non-koolaider on this board knew that would be the outcome.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • govmule72
Where did you read this?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Gepett0
maybe hes just actually not ready yet...i dont see any other teams lining up to give him a major league contract either...the guy is coming off TJS
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • fargol
Has anyone seen any reports from all the other teams who watched him throw?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Gepett0

shhh dont use logic

hes ready to be the best closer in baseball but the mets are just cheap

thats why the other 29 teams have all offered him 10 year 100 million dollar deals

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Metsbert

~~~ thats why the other 29 teams have all offered him 10 year 100 million dollar deals ~~~

I'd offer him a 2-year Minor league deal at $1M per year. Let him rehab in our farm, and best case scenario, he'd be ready by the All-Star break. If not, at least we have him locked in cheap for 2014.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Gepett0

apparently hes not interested in a minor league deal

thats kinda what killed the mets interest...he wants an mlb deal and they didnt feel that he was far enough in his rehab to warrant one, they were interested in bringing him in on a minor league deal, but he wasn't interested in accepting...

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • JoseJose
Are you aware which team is the single only mlb team not to sign a FA? Brian Wilson has nothing to do with our opinion of this FO.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • metrebel

>> Has anyone seen any reports from all the other teams who watched him throw?

I haven't seen any reports about other teams watching him throw, but it would surprised me if he hasn't. Maybe no other team except the Mets were interested. I think he is looking for a ML contract and with it not likely his being ready until the AS break, and his coming off his second TJ I doubt any team will give him a ML contract. He needs more re-hab.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Gepett0

you also have to realize that we got scr*wed by the pirates...if it werent for their failure to sign appel (and the stupidity of including carry-overs in the protected picks) we'd have the 10th pick in the draft, it would be protected, and we could actually make a run at a guy like bourne....but now our pick is the BEST pick in the draft to not be protected

i wouldnt give that away for most of the mediocre players on this years FA market either

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • alfolerud
He doesn't have to be ready now. We need a long-term solution at closer. If we sign him to a two-year deal now, and he is solid by the end of this season, then we can work on extending him beyond 2014.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • alfolerud
True story...but why didn't we go after Soria, Madson or Fujikawa? Those guy don't have a draft pick comp issue.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • fargol

"He doesn't have to be ready now. We need a long-term solution at closer. If we sign him to a two-year deal now, and he is solid by the end of this season, then we can work on extending him beyond 2014."

How can you possibly know he'll ever be ready to be a full-time closer? And you want to just pay him for a full season to do nothing?

How much you want to throw at him? Keep in mind he'll no doubt jump at the first offer.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Gepett0

except he may never be good again....why do you think hes still out there? its bc 30 year olds don't heal as well as the early 20somethings that usually get TJS

theres a reason ALL teams are taking a wait and see approach w/ this one

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • alfolerud
You koolaiders justify everything the Mets do, even though most moves or non-moves by the Mets are wrong? How do I know that they make more bad moves than good ones...it's because we are a losing franchise!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Gepett0

1)id be wary of soria....guy has a lot of talent but injuries and inconsistency make that a risky bet

2) Fujikawa we havent had very good luck importing pitchers like this

madson i do actually agree that we should have taken a run at...i was annoyed about that one truthfully

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • murphstates

It's already been reported there are six to eight teams interested, San Fran already offered him a major league deal and he's on target to be ready opening day.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/mlb-rumors/21558263/rumor-roundtable-whats-brian-wilsons-market

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/361402-encouraging-signs-in-wilson-rehab

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • alfolerud
The same koolaiders saying we should stay away from Wilson becuase he is recovering from TJ surgery claim that Johan will be an ace again despite having undergone a much more difficult procedure.
  • Reply to this Message