• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Den Dekker added to 40 man roster
  • 1/16/13
  • Kranesback
..or this could be Sandy's way of trying to be coy in the Hairtson negotiations.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547614.3 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • mets06ny
I guess both arguments could be accurate haha
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
Another over-hyped Met "prospect"
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 547614.6 through 547614.7 were deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • AdrianMonk

Year one : Savannah

Year two: St. Lucie, Binghamton

Year three: Binghamton, Buffalo

Seems like a reasonable progression to me.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • skorpio520
we need a lead off hitter.den dekker got speed.if he could just works on his s.o's and obp hed be ideal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • mets06ny
At least he plays good defense and has speed. More than you can say for anyone else in our outfield.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • joebenigno

another rinky dink 5th outfielder

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • jsmet

he will be making $300K tops

Isnt the minimum like 400k ?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • elsid1986

*if he could just works on his s.o's and obp hed be ideal.*

Yea well thats alot of work. The kid is a strikeout machine.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Gepett0
actually, den dekkers defense, power, and speed make him at least a respectable 4th of...thats pretty much universally what scouts have said since he was drafted...but you know, keep acting like you know something they dont
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • marvelousmarvin
His mo is he starts slow on his first call up, then gets strong. I'd rather see him mash some AAA pitching before he gets called up...to play every day. He'll need playing time to catch fire.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • mysticpiazza
And that's been the problem with the Mets, IMO, in their effort to save a penny they've brought guys up prematurely to either fill an injury spot or because they have no other choices. If they're gonna preach patience and proper grooming with their prospects then give them time to mature.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • marvelousmarvin
In this case, there is no need to rush him. They have several comparable mediocrities for the OF. DD might be good one day, but as you say, in due course.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • 86kid

I agree. No need to rush any prospects right now. The idea is do it right, not fast.

I even see a few people on here trying to push Syndergaard into the rotation this year.
Just let the kid develop for goodness sakes. There is no reason for him to be here now.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • marvelousmarvin
If the stars line up and the Wilpons spend a bit with $$ coming off the books, we could have a very good team in 2014 or 2015. I kept thinking they were rushing Mejia and then jerking him from the pen to starting. When I first saw him in spring training the first time he was up, he signed a baseball for me and I said to take care of himself. He looked at me bewildered. Alot can happen and a guy like Syndergaard hasn't learned to pitch , despite his gifts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • alex8686
That article is a mistake. He's a non-roster invitee not on the 40-man.
  • Reply to this Message