• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Ok you Gm's on here explain
Message 547610.1 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • alfolerud
No on wants Crisp or Hairston. GTFOH with those two. We want Bourn, Fowler, Brantley...guys like that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • MetObserver
Don't forget any player that goes to arbitration and the team loses so the player is to be paid more than they think he is worth. In ST before the 15 day mark to opening day they can cut that player and save money. He then becomes available too.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547610.4 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • alfolerud
Couple of koolaiders want more scrubs on the team. Who cares?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547610.6 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...a couple of defeatists like you think the season is already over anyway, so who cares what any of YOU have to say...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547610.8 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • alfolerud
Season is definately over already. If you think we might make he playoffs, then you are clueless.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...begging on a corner is above his paygrade...knowledge?...nonexistent for him...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...then you and the rest of the defeatists should take a nice long vacation until 2014...or is 2014 over also?...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • 86mex17
I hear you jim. I just dont think those two guys are difference makers at all. With them 70-74 wins maybe ,without them 68-74 wins.I cant believe its come to this in NYC but this ownership is not going to be spending money right now. With that said if we arent contending why spend money on those two when we can save up for the big push. I hope that they do have a big push in a few years and ownership isnt lieing to us. The best things for us to come out this years is the expierence Harvey, Wheeler and TDA get at the major league level and a top 5 pick. Yes, its sad times with hopefully better days coming. IMO
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547610.13 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • TheChosen1

Firstly, the Rule 5 draft is over, so that isn't a concern.

Secondly, the Mets currently have only 38 men on their 40 man roster. So there's your 2 extra spots.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547610.15 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • fargol

"No on wants Crisp or Hairston. GTFOH with those two. We want Bourn, Fowler, Brantley...guys like that. "

Bourn would be okay. Fowler would be fine if we played half our games in Colorado (check his splits).

As for Brantley, what's the appeal? He has little pop, not much speed, and other than last year a terrible career OBP. If he's a GG-calibe fielder (I have no idea if he is), then he'd be a decent piece to add.

Bourn has no pop too, but he is speedy which would help in CF in the Cavern. Decent OBP too.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547610.17 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • TheChosen1
That's irrelevant. We have 2 open spots on the 40 man roster.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547610.19 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • MetObserver
So that only means that we have openings to sign anyone some other team has to drop.
  • Reply to this Message