• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I can't believe our opening day OF
  • To:All
  • 1/15/13
  • FromTheRedSeats

Is CF Cowgill, LF Duda, RF Niewnhuis.. how ever you spell his name.

That is seriously embarrassing. How do you even go about this?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • danthemetfan
I will go about it by watching the game the same as I have the last 3 decades. It is entertainment, and basically that is all that it is. So watch and enjoy. If you cant, then thats on you.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • govmule72

"I will go about it by watching the game the same as I have the last 3 decades. It is entertainment, and basically that is all that it is. So watch and enjoy. If you cant, then thats on you."

The problem is it gets so bad that there's a point where it really no longer is entertaining. This is a message board. We talk about this stuff.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • alfolerud
It's pathetic. But koolaiders don't care. They prefer a losing team so they can brag about being such loyal fans.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • gomets66
sandy cant either considering his joking about it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • hammr1952
so you and your ilk should move on to yankees.com. but then you could not moan and groan all day here.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • nvmets10
The issue is there's not really anything enjoyable or entertaining about watching that group of outfielders. At least not in a positive way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
All I said was their outfield is terrible. I've lived through more rough times than you.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • danthemetfan

talk about it... whine about it... cry about it.... That is basically all of these threads.

I know these arent your words, but if still following the team and enjoying them for what they are is "koolaider" talk, and the opposite is "realist", then at some point the "realists" should understand the reality of the situation, and this team can not, does not, and/or will not spend unnecessary money on players that won't help the team. Spending money to have this team chase .500 is a waste of capitol. Until they have the pieces to actually compete, it will be more enjoyable to see younger players try and make it, then add ons who are there for a pay check.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • elsid1986
I hazard to guess watching paint dry will be more entertaining than this team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • danthemetfan
you asked what im going to do... im going to watch, the same as last year, the same as 2006, the same as every year. This team doesnt have the money or the personnel to field a better team, and that is why they stink. NO question, but over paying another mediocre player or trading possible useful farm hands for a mediocre upgrade is just dumb baseball. It is frustrating, but this is a necessary purge of bad payrolls the team needs to do.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • danthemetfan
then dont watch... im sure the team will get along quite fine with out you. I guess you do spend much on the team anyway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
I was referring to the organization.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • elsid1986

I guess you do spend much on the team anyway

Up until 2008 had a partial season ticket package. Two collapes and skyrocketing prices made me give them up. They still contact me regularly to come back. My reply. When you are over .500 in August I'll think about it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • danthemetfan
What the organization is going to do is shed more bad contracts, and hope the farm hands develop. That is really what they should be doing. It is a slow process, especially in Jan and Feb, but the forest needs to be cleared, and the cleansing fire has to come.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • govmule72

"then dont watch."

Yes Dan, we all know we are not being forced to watch. The point is it stinks that we very well may not even want to. It's not the most ridiculous thing to complain about on a message board designed for discussion of the team.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • 86mex17
Top 5 pick here we come!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
That doesn't mean anything.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • AdrianMonk

I suspect that Nieuwenhuis will have the inside track on CF, with Cowgill in right. Duda is a big guy and at least brings a presence to the middle of the lineup. If he relaxes, maybe 25 hrs and .260.
I don't know much about Cowgill, but have a feeling either he or Brown will play respectable ball.
CF is the issue. If Kirk starts quickly, everyone will be off his case. If he plays like late last year, Matt den Dekker will get a shot, and will at a minimum provide excellent defense.

In any event, it should be a fun situation to watch.

Edited 1/15/13   by  AdrianMonk
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • nym698641
The opening day outfield is not assured until they know who is pitching.
Duda will be in left field. Center is Cowgill, Kirk Platoon and RF a Baxter, Hairston? Platoon.
  • Reply to this Message