• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• 2013 draft
  • To:All
  • 1/14/13
  • Gepett0

Assuming that we don't sign either bourne or lohse, forfeiting our first rounder, who do you all think we should take (remember that this player needs to have a shot at being available at number 11 so i dont want to see any Mark Appel or Sean Manaea or even Austin Meadows suggestions)

Right now, I think I would take Austin Wilson if he's available...I know you don't draft for position but I think, at 11, he would be a solid take anyway and he's a close to major league prospect....he could be up as early as May 2014 and has the potential to be a power hitting solid-defensive RF and has drawn some comparisons to Stanton (though a little less raw power)...i know i will get a bunch of "you don't draft for position bc by the time the prospect is ready it may not be a need" posts but this guy does not need a lot of time in the minors and, lets be honest, of is going to be an issue for a while barring a blockbuster trade and our system is completely barren in that dept

• Reply to this Message
Message 547572.2 was deleted
  • 1/14/13
  • Gepett0

most of the other strong OF prospects are high school guys

in order to find another college OF, you have to go all the way down the list to # 17 is w/ Aaron Judge & Michael Lorenzen, who would both be reach picks @ 11...you could take Bryant (who probably wont be available anyway) or moran and convert them from 3b to OF but I don't think that Bryant will available at 11 and I don't know that moran would warrant that high of a pick if not for his ability to stay at 3b....if he was on OF'er, i think his bat would have him ranked around that 15-20 range

If our goal is to take a close-to-major-league-ready OF w/ pop and alot of upside, really wilson is the guy

• Reply to this Message
Message 547572.4 was deleted
  • 1/15/13
  • AdrianMonk

Here come the Judge!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • skorpio520
Aaron Judge
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • Gepett0
insane raw power....but a bit of a reach (at least before the college season) at #11 right now by most projections ive read
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • The5Wright5Way
Austin Wilson. If Wilson isn't available then Aaron Judge.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AdrianMonk

I'm guessing Oscar Mercado. We could use another 18 year old shortstop.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • thagreat1
Yah he'll be ready in five years
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • skorpio520
the type of hitter citi needs imo. wright,ike,and judge batting 3,4,5 with d'arnaud hitting 6th. thats a line up i could look forward to seeing in 2015,early 2016
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • The5Wright5Way

Lets not peg a draft pick as our number 5 hitter before he's drafted or even hits the minor leagues...

Personally, I think Wilson should be our #1 target. He's a 5 tool player and plays a nice outfield.

I'd like Judge, but Judge is more of a project to me. He needs to learn how to harness his incredible raw power. I see him more as a .250/.340 guy with 25-35HR in his prime. With tons of strikeouts... if he makes it.

Wilson i see as a .300/.360 guy with 25-30HR in his prime... if he makes it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • AdrianMonk
They say it's going to be Jonathan Crawford out of the U. of Florida. The Yankees are pegged to get Aaron Judge. Such is life.

Edited 1/16/13   by  AdrianMonk
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • joebenigno

lol....i cant even bear to think how lousy Wright will be in 3 years....whiff whiff whiff whiff

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • Gepett0

thats an idiotic statement, plain and simple, considering last year was his best year since 2008....yeah, clearly hes declining steadily each year

and i find it funny that the same people that call wright whiffboy want to bring in guys like stanton, who strike out far more often

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • The5Wright5Way

I LIKE STRIKEOUTS! no but i really don;t mind a guy striking out as long as he has a high OBP which wright does.

I rather a .300 avg .350 OBP guy with 25 HR than a .250 avg .320 OBP 35-40HR guy... the first (Wright) is an overall hitter the former gives a big impact SOMETIMES... consistency=key

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • skorpio520
lol ok.fair request.got wayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of myself with that.i wouldnt mind Wilson either tho.i just think theres an opt with this draft to talk about our future outfield a year or 2 from now to talk about much the same we talk about our rotation now.
hope sandy doesnt f it up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • skorpio520
im sure d.w will be very sad to hear your not a fan. :)
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547572.19 was deleted
  • 1/17/13
  • skorpio520
and you can judge that within 3 months in the system huh?
  • Reply to this Message