• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Some Met Minor Notes
  • To:All
  • 1/14/13
  • gomets66

officially announced that the following will be invited to ST. Montero, Mazzoni, Centeno, den Dekker and Satin are the Mets non-roster invitees to big-league camp.

flores will play 3B and 2B in 2013 mets have now said.

mejia will not be 5th starter.

• Reply to this Message
Message 547568.2 was deleted
  • 1/14/13
  • gomets66
if he looks better at the plate at AAA, i wouldnt be surprised if he gets a chance in CF by early summer. especially with the current mets outfield.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • bmcneely
only 2 that have a chance of making the team are Matt DD and Mazzoni.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • gomets66
i doubt decker makes team. i can see them wanting him to improve some at the plate. plus, they would need to make a 40 man spot. more likely they make a spot for a reliever.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • bmcneely
I don't think he will either I do think he has a shot if he plays lights out though and Mazzoni throws gas 99 mph. maybe he makes the Pen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • gomets66
i doubt dekker gets enough playing time in ST to be lights out. newey and cowgirl will probably get most of the playing time in CF.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • Kranesback
I think he can eventually settle in as a 4th or 5th outfielder...If the Mets are looking for a home grown outfield, the three best bets are Nimmo, Puello, and Lagares
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • elsid1986
His stats may improve. But remember in Las Vegas offensive stats get blow out of proportion. He barely hit .200 after moving to Buffalo and strikes out at alarming rates.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • The5Wright5Way

Mejia is not considered a minor leaguer. He finished the season at the major league level, has had enough innings so he's not a rookie anymore AND he's been at the major league camp for how many years now.

Mejia will be the #5

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • elsid1986
I was referring to DenDecker
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • Gepett0

yeah but he does have a habit of struggling early at a level and then dominating it

out of the guys who are major league ready (or close), den dekker is the guy i have the most hope for...mostly bc his glove/range mean he is a sure fire CF, unlike Kirk, who really profiles more as a RF and, therefore, needs to do more offensively to be a starter

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • bmcneely
He should get enough reps to get a good look at him with the split squad games.
  • Reply to this Message