• To:All
  • 1/14/13
  • alfolerud

Glad we shipped this guy out of town.

Harvey and Wheeler >>>>>>>>>>>>>> RA Dickey

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • frozensoda
I know you're just trying to stir the pot & you are entitled to not like a player no matter how good they are, but you do know Dickey throws many of his knucklers at a high velocity, right? Do you feel that all off speed pitches & breaking balls are gimmicks such as changeup, curveball, slider, splitter? Why is a curve or a change up not a gimmick in your mind but a knuckler is? What are your accepted pitches that a pitcher can throw?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • Moses0507
You're an idiot.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • skorpio520
yeah 20 game,cy award winners irritate me. they stink!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • metsheart
"yeah 20 game,cy award winners irritate me. they stink!"

Me too. Especially when he won 20 gms on a losing team w/ below avg offense AND defense.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • 86kid

>>>" I don't like low velocity and gimmick pitchers like Dickey
Glad we shipped this guy out of town.
Harvey and Wheeler >>>>>>>>>>>>>> RA Dickey "<<<

Regardless of his style, the guy was very successful here for three years. If someone can get people out as consistantly as he did, I wouldn't care if they rolled the baseball on the ground to get it to the plate. Yeah, the Gooden/Clemens fastball types are thrilling to watch, but if they didn't get people out it wouldn't matter how hard they threw.

Edited 1/14/13   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • hammr1952
you never cease to amaze us. your village idiot award is safe.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • metsheart
"I don't like low velocity and gimmick pitchers like Dickey"

How hard did Armando Benitez throw?

How hard did Bobby Ojeda throw?

Velocity of 95+ doesn't guarantee getting anybody out. Give me a guy that can do the job. Even if he doesn't throw blazing fastballs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • 86kid

>>>"Velocity of 95+ doesn't guarantee getting anybody out. Give me a guy that can do the job. Even if he doesn't throw blazing fastballs."<<<

True. I have seen a million fastball pitchers come and go, and some junkballers out do them. Why ? Because it is not just about stuff and being able to "throw". It is also about being able to "pitch". That is why I love a guy like Johan, who even as his stuff started to diminish, he could still be a very successful, because he understands the art of "pitching", and not just "throwing".

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • metsheart
Yup.

And I think Johan will have a good 1st 1/2. Maybe whole season. But I expect him to be traded by deadline.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • 86kid

>>:"Yup. And I think Johan will have a good 1st 1/2. Maybe whole season. But I expect him to be traded by deadline."<<<

That is what I am banking on. If has has good half, and we eat most of his 2nd half money for the other team, I feel like we should be able to get a top tier outfield prospect for him. Maybe not a Myers type, but I think we could get an Eaton type. I think contender will have great interest is a competitive and savvy veteran left like Johan, if he prove himself sound health wise in the first half.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • JoseJose
Apparently Spindy agrees with you.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • brianinwi
How fast does Bobby Parnell throw?
How fast did Greg Maddux throw?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • bennitto
It's wins that get you to the post season not stats.
Give me the pitcher with the wins whether from gimmicks or luck or PED's because add up enough wins and soon you are a post season dynamo!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • kaztast1c
[x] This post is an opinion
[x] This post is a stupid opinion
[ ] This post is supported by facts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • metsheart
Absolutely there will be big time interest in Santana if he shows he's OK. And yes Mets will have to eat remaining 2013 salary but should get a pretty good prospect.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • metsheart
Yup. Great example!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547565.18 was deleted
  • 1/15/13
  • govmule72

More stupid attempts at controversy child? You'd think a stat purist such as yourself would actually appreciate stellar stats.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/15/13
  • govmule72

"Regardless of his style, the guy was very successful here for three years. If someone can get people out as consistantly as he did, I wouldn't care if they rolled the baseball on the ground to get it to the plate. Yeah, the Gooden/Clemens fastball types are thrilling to watch, but if they didn't get people out it wouldn't matter how hard they threw."

Yes.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Matt Bowman - Binghamton
Latest by comeagain - 8:09 PM
Cubs
Latest by johnyringo - 8:08 PM
Music Thread II
Latest by vbch - 8:01 PM
Will Myers struggling
Latest by AdrianMonk - 8:01 PM
Random Letters Game