• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Which is more likely?
  • To:All
  • 1/13/13
  • skorpio520

" Alderson is unsure whether he is gonna tender Wilson A contract upon watching him workout for the Mets"

A- He doesnt look so good and Sandy doesnt see him as an upgrade to what we have.As comical as that almost sounds when you look at franscisco.

B- He looked pretty good and Sandy realized A minor league contract wont be able to get it done.

Which is more likely? A or B.

Edited 1/13/13   by  skorpio520
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • DFAB

I'll go with C: SA knows he will help but can't convince the wilpons to give him the money to sign him

That is probably what would be the ACTUAL reason for not signing him....but the wilpon spin would be either A or B

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • 4545_ajd
D) He knows exactly what he wants to do but doesn't want to tell it to a reporter which would only interfere with things.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • rangers61134465
i think its always D with alderson
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • rnr8396

Of the choices I have read so far....I go with D.

D) He knows exactly what he wants to do but doesn't want to tell it to a reporter which would only interfere with things.

In my own opinion, I'll throw option "E" out there which is very similar to "D" but that he DID want to tell a reporter. It is a widely used technique by many, to intentionally put out misinformation to the media, to throw others off the trail.
Sandy is trying to position himself for the best negotiation possible, and keeping the level of his true interest close to his vest in an attempt to keep the price down while not broadcasting to other GM's that the Mets are seriously in on Wilson. The expression "Let sleeping dogs lie" is appropriate here. We dont need other teams getting involved once they get a whiff of our intentions, only to drive the price up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • murphstates
E. The same report stating the Mets were interested also noted there were 7-8 teams in on Wilson and we know the Mets are not outbidding anyone.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • JoseJose
We have a winner!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • MetObserver
And how many of those so called interested teams will make an offer? Because you need a bid before you can be outbid.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • murphstates
I don't know. How many players that the Mets have been "interested" in have they signed so far this off season?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • MetObserver
How many have they said they were interested in? Them not posters on this board & not reporters but the FO or Sandy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • JoseJose
What do you get if you multiply the # of free agent mlb players signed by the Mets this offseason by the total number of hairs on people's heads in India and China combined? Hint: You don't need to know the number of hairs!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • MetObserver

Which is more likely?

The the end of the world of JoseJose making a truly intelligent post?

My bet would be on the former.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/13/13
  • JoseJose
Wow you are so funny. Are you 12 years old? Tell me, this front office you so fiercely defend, what success do they have to show for all these great moves you point out? Oh - none. You lose.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/14/13
  • MetObserver
Not defending just showing how stupid some of the accusations are. They do enough wrong but to be accused of wrong doing when they ok a smart trade is just ridiculous and can't go unmentioned.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547551.15 was deleted
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • skorpio520
apparently,its option A.
The Mets just didnt like what they saw. Why pay A pitcher who cant pitch right now?
  • Reply to this Message