• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • calimets14
What about taking a flier on G. Sizemore? I know he's been injury prone the last couple years and it could turn out to be a no deal at the end but, he can't be expensive, he's not too old for a shot at our OF, if nothing else doesn't his potential value seem to over ride the potential financial risks?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • bucknerismyhero
He recently had micro-fracture knee surgery again. He is out until at least the All Star break. The dude is toast.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • DFAB
eh...a 1m deal with a 1m option with hopes he can come back the last month of the season
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • skorpio520
id rather stand pat with the outfield we got and sign jurrgens,pavano or liriano, and a reliever,than waste on guys like sizemore or austin kearns.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • calimets14
Didn't know about the surgery. Too bad he had so much upside. Yeah I liked Cowgill while he was in Sacramento but IDK if he's good enough to be the best OF we have. Hopefully something is going to happen but we've still got awhile till ST so fingers crossed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • Gepett0

i feel like they will eventually make a trade out of left field (no pun intended)

it won't be anything crazy but it will also be something that gets us a guy that is at least a proven major leaguer

we'll probably move a non-elite pitching prospect or two in the mix...maybe even a guy like mejia

but it won't be anybody that we are expecting

• Reply to this Message