• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dodgers want Parnell?
  • To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • metsicle

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heyman/21425399/dodgers-could-make-a-play-for-pirates-closer-hanrahan

Sources suggest the Dodgers are considering a variety of relievers, and could also make a play for either Indians closer Chris Perez or Mets reliever Bobby Parnell instead. The Dodgers would prefer a left-hander, but many of their best choices appear to be right-handers -- including Hanrahan, Perez and Parnell.

----------------

Dodgers have nothing we want. unless of course they go nuts & offer us Kemp & 130 million for Bobby.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • DFAB
yea they really have nothing to offer....their farm system is a joke and everyone else is making too much wilponite (money)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • 86kid
I don't really is us as being in much of a position to be giving up young, affordable quality arms in the Bull Pen anyway. I am not saying the BobbyP is an untouchable by any means, but unless some team is giving us a good young outfielder, I don't see how trading BobbyP helps us. I no some fans have gotten on him over the years, but I think being placed in the proper roles over the years, Bobby has performed well. I still think we might see even better out of him going forward.

Edited 12/19/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • murphstates
I bet Dee Gordon could play the outfield. Just a thought.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • yard24
well, if the Dodgers are willing to pay cash the Mets will take the offer. the mets are completely broke
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • murphstates
I'd happily take Yasiel Puig.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • skorpio520
ethier might be available,makes way too much for them to talk about it.but i wouldnt mind having him. and cap or haraang is available.not for parnel.jurrgens,pavano,even liriano ,id rather sign one ,or two,of them and keep parnel.
maybe he flopped as a closer but he did good as a set up man.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • bucknerismyhero
Bobby Parnell has actually turned into a tradeable asset and valueable bullpen piece. If the Dodgers wanted to give up something of real value to us long term, we have to consider it. The bullpen will likely stink again, but we are more than a bullpen away from competing. Find long term solutions at key premium positions first.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546860.9 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • bucknerismyhero
If we can get Yaisel Puig, I couldn't care less...Parnell will probably never have more value in a trade than he has this offseason.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • CHOOin2014
Puig would be a coup. I would think Castellanos and/or Van Slyke would be on more equal footing. Both are outstanding performing Minor Leaguers who no longer have an opportunity to play on the big stage (Crawford-Kemp-Ethier signed through 2017).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • jsmet

Dodgers want Parnell?

Parnell for Duke Snyder strait up

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • bbjmparis

Parnell is one of trhose guys who isn't nearly as good as his stats. You have to see him every day to realize it. Parnell's problem is that he can't pitch in a close game. In a game you're winning or losing by three runs or more, he's unhittable. In tied or one run games, he gets pounded. Not a good thing for a relief pitcher. That's why, dispite his great stuff, he can't close. Someone would give us something pretty decent for him, but, our BP is the worst in baseball. I think I would need a lot before I'd even let a Parnell go.

Actually, the BP might not be as awful as last years. I expect Francisco to bounce back and have a decent season. Two reasons for that. He's pitched well in the past and relief pitchers who have a track record of success in the past, usually do bounce back after a bad year. He was pitching hurt last year too. So, maybe he will be decent in 2013. Given how awful the offence and starting pitching is, he won't get many save opportunities, but I don't think he'll blow as many as most people think.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • jsmet
I also like to see Harerra back he is pretty good when healthy
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/20/12
  • 3bwright

There is not really a match with the Mets and Dodgers BUT that does not mean we can take like a Dee Gordan and flip him in another trade

3 Team Trades Happen all the time

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Joey Gallo
Latest by thebobymon - 6:52 AM
All Kirk does is swing and miss
Latest by sb51 - 6:51 AM
Duda on pace for 31hr
Latest by joebatboy03 - 6:47 AM
Random Letters Game
Latest by henry715 - 6:46 AM
Musician Name Game