• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Most Singificant Game
  • To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • gokemaster
Just wondering what is the most significant Met game you've been to? Mine is Glavine's 300 win in Chicago...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • lllfxlll
mike bordick's first hr as a met....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • AdrianMonk

Jim Bunning's perfect game
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • johnyringo

My dad took me to Shea in 86, I was 11 it was the first year I got into sports.

Strawberry hit two, two run HRs, it was enough to win the game and then we enjoyed the 4th of July firework show.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • DFAB
Cal Ripken's record breaking game...don't think anything could top that....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • DFAB
that was obviously the most significant MLB game...but Mets game, probably Glavine's 1 hitter...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • Gramps13
1986 final game of the World Series. We were sitting in the upper deck behind 1B and during the game the fans were so psyched we could feel the stands shaking.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • gutsnick
For my 10th birthday, my father bought tickets several months in advance to bring a bunch of kids to Shea to watch a game. That game was on September 21, 1973, when the Mets beat the Pirates to take over 1st place. It was the game after "the ball on the wall" game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metrebel

>> Just wondering what is the most significant Met game you've been to? Mine is Glavine's 300 win in Chicago...

Game 5, 69 WS.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • bbjmparis
Hard to say, there have been many. Offhand, I'd say the Black Cat game against the Cubs in 1969. It was the game I enjoyed the most.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/20/12
  • hammr1952
wow... game 3 dykstra walkoff.... 86 WS games 6 and 7... as they say the big shea was rocking.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • metswonin69
David Wrights MLB debut game. I haven't really been to many games in my life, so I haven't seen too many great moments in person.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/22/12
  • abbymart
Although, ultimately it was NOT significant, I was in St Louis and at Busch when Strawberry hit the clock in '85
  • Reply to this Message