Please answer or think about the following
1.Shouldn't we expect more from a New York baseball team? (Me, yes)
2.Shouldn't we have a team that competes year in and year out? (Me, yes)
3.If you performed at your New York based job, like the owners of the Mets perform would you still have a job? (Me, Ha!)
4. How long have you been a Met fan? (Me 48 years!)
5. Should you have more patience like the Mets are requesting? Do you ask the same from your boss?(Me, refer to number 3)
5. Are you between the ages of 18-24 or 25-35 36-45 45-55 55 or older? (Me 55)
1. Yes and no. I don't expect short term/short sighted building just because. But that is why Bud Selig hand picked Sandy as the GM to fix the Mets, because the poorly run NY organization was bad for the growth of the league and the bottom line.
2. Yes, and that's what this is all about. Sacrifing short team mild success, for later/greater long term success.
3. Well if I did what I was brought in to do they would love me. And they do ;)
4. 20+ years
5. I don't expect fans to be patience. I get what we are doing, but fans have every right to feel how they do. I don't know how the next part applies. There are way to many variables depending on jobs and request. It doesn't work as a broad hypotectical
The fans are the consumer, not the boss. Fans don't always know what is best, and most times they are <idiots controlled by the mob mentality
2. Get real
3. Sure. Pretend to work and they'll pretend to pay you.
4. 50 years
5. Of course.
The mets needed to be rebuilt from the ground up, and they're in the process of doing it.
The only way to contend every year is to build a solid foundation first. We're well on our way towards doing that.
I know a lot of you don't want to hear it but comparing your job to being an owner of the Mets is just ridiculous. The Mets owners spent a ton of money year in and year out. They lost hundreds of millions of dollars on top of losing money from owning this team since sales have declined. To not expect their to be fallout is nonsense. I don't like it but Im happy that we are building a team the right way instead of over paying for overrated players.
Money doesn't win championships the right players do. When we have a good base of a team then I want to see us spending money. Throwing money at a pretty weak FA class this year would not have made this team a contender so whats the point.