• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• shouldn't we expect more from a New York baseball team?
  • To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • yard24

Please answer or think about the following

1.Shouldn't we expect more from a New York baseball team? (Me, yes)

2.Shouldn't we have a team that competes year in and year out? (Me, yes)

3.If you performed at your New York based job, like the owners of the Mets perform would you still have a job? (Me, Ha!)

4. How long have you been a Met fan? (Me 48 years!)

5. Should you have more patience like the Mets are requesting? Do you ask the same from your boss?
(Me, refer to number 3)

5. Are you between the ages of 18-24 or 25-35 36-45 45-55 55 or older? (Me 55)

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • johnyringo
look the fact is we dont need batting champs and CY winners because our prosect are gonna be totally RAD in 5 years!!!!!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • PigIron
Your right in what you say but what is your point? What can you or anyone else do about it? The owners of the Mets are not elected officials that can be voted out after a four year term. Maybe baseball owners should have term limits, lol. I ran out of patience a long time ago with this group but all we can do now is hope the idiot owners and the people they hired to straighten out this mess do it before I go to a nursing home. I'm 55 too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • alfolerud
Do you just copy and paste?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • sheadro

1. Yes and no. I don't expect short term/short sighted building just because. But that is why Bud Selig hand picked Sandy as the GM to fix the Mets, because the poorly run NY organization was bad for the growth of the league and the bottom line.

2. Yes, and that's what this is all about. Sacrifing short team mild success, for later/greater long term success.

3. Well if I did what I was brought in to do they would love me. And they do ;)

4. 20+ years

5. I don't expect fans to be patience. I get what we are doing, but fans have every right to feel how they do. I don't know how the next part applies. There are way to many variables depending on jobs and request. It doesn't work as a broad hypotectical

6. 25-35

The fans are the consumer, not the boss. Fans don't always know what is best, and most times they are <idiots controlled by the mob mentality

Edited 12/19/12   by  sheadro
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • bbjmparis
We are not a NY baseball team. We are the Kansas City Mets. At least, that's what Fred and Jeff think.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • AdrianMonk

1. No

2. Get real

3. Sure. Pretend to work and they'll pretend to pay you.

4. 50 years

5. Of course.

6. 60

• Reply to this Message
Message 546845.8 was deleted
  • To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • metsicle

The mets needed to be rebuilt from the ground up, and they're in the process of doing it.

The only way to contend every year is to build a solid foundation first. We're well on our way towards doing that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsheart
How many playoff appearances Mets have w/ Cy Young winner & batting champ on the team?? AND w/ All-Star Beltran?? AND w/ All-Star David Wright?? AND w/ pitcher of Mets 1st no-hitter???
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jets_mets

I know a lot of you don't want to hear it but comparing your job to being an owner of the Mets is just ridiculous. The Mets owners spent a ton of money year in and year out. They lost hundreds of millions of dollars on top of losing money from owning this team since sales have declined. To not expect their to be fallout is nonsense. I don't like it but Im happy that we are building a team the right way instead of over paying for overrated players.

Money doesn't win championships the right players do. When we have a good base of a team then I want to see us spending money. Throwing money at a pretty weak FA class this year would not have made this team a contender so whats the point.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • yard24
okay, that is soooo funny. you are a funny guy and thanks for the laugh. nursing home. I told my kids that they better not put me in a nursing home, I would much rather have them put a pillow over my head. nursing homes freak me out.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • yard24
huh?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • yard24
Are you in the PR department for the Mets? Cause it sure seems like it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • yard24
Monk, are you serious, do you work for the team or what?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • edmet
me fan since "64. me 58. me like dickey trade. me also want good team now. me want mets sign bourn,hairston, quality vet relief pitcher now. me think mets can afford those moves. me think with those moves we can compete for WC now. me think bourn is 29, same age as reyes,is legit leadoff hitter, plays gg caliber D at premium position CF (reyes never won GG) AND WILL HELP PITCHERS. me think he is no brainer if price is right. me think his market down with braves,phils,nats,red sox going in other directions (upton,revere,span,victorino). me think market value between pagan (4 for 40 aav =10) and upton (5 for 75 = aav 15). me think market value = aav of 13 (victorino 3 x 13), me think mets should try 4 yrs w aav of 13, BACKLOADED WITH A PLAYER OPT OUT AFTER 1st or 2nd yr. (make boras happy). me think $10, $12,$12,$12 w $6 deferred fair and worth a shot. me think player opt out after 1st or 2nd or both yrs make this great deal for bourn (while den dekker and nimmo develop). me think 4/52 is better than 5/85 the mets supposedly were willing to give reyes. bourn plays 150ish games a yr almost every yr. why we talk so funny? what you think?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • edmet
i am 58. my mom is 88 and lives with me. no nursing home, no way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • sheadro
Me think Bourne is a Scott Boras client
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • yard24
good ideas!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • yard24
You are a good guy! Your mom is lucky to have you. My daugthers say, one of them will have a garage that I live in. so long as I don't bother them! ha! nice kids.
Otherwise I end up in a single wide in Ft Meyers. hahaaaa
  • Reply to this Message