• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Davidoff Votes NO on Piazza
  • 12/19/12
  • Robert
so Larry Walker yes and Piazza no. He should lose his vote. If Piazza played in Colorado in the mid 90's he would have hit 400 with 70 homers
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546841.3 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • nym698641
I guess Piazza was too "Chatty" and not liked in the clubhouse.
He votes for Bonds, Bagwell, Clemens, Kenny Lofton, Larry Walker, Allan Trammel, Edgar Martinez, Tim Raines, Biggio and Schilling. He filled the whole ballot out, 10 spots and no room for Piazza.
WOW is all I can say
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MetObserver
A first degree a..hole.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • DFAB
he is a complete idiot...how does a person with such a low IQ like that even have a vote??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • nym698641
It's easier to understand if he only voted for 2 or 3 players, but to fill out all ten spots without Piazza on it shows he does not know baseball. Using WAR stats knowing that Catchers WAR compared to everyday players always makes the catcher come out lower because they don't play as many games, just shows he doesn't get it.
If you want to use WAR compare him to other catchers. He is fifth all time in Catchers WAR. These other guys he is voting for are not 5th all time in the positions they played.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546841.8 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • nym698641
I am not follower or believer of WAR or JAWS or any of that stuff, but when you are rationalizing your choice by those stats like he was, then compare his WAR to other catchers not players that play other positions.
I saw Piazza play and never once did I think Tim Raines or Jeff Bagwell or Kenny Lofton was better then Piazza or more deserving of the Hall.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • hammr1952
amazing that these clowns vote this was. IMO the 3 no-brainers for 2013 are piazza, biggio and schilling.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • Kranesback
No Mets fan should buy the Post ever again until he's fired...actually nobody should ever buy the post period.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • CoBrA
davidoff likes to play with himself while watching richard simmons so his vote doesn't matter
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • KB24NYM

Larry Walker in and Piazza not!?!?

TROLLOL

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • Melo15nym
What an idiot.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • Oldfan

Probably just trying to stir the pot and get some people to read his column.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • metsicle

but he voted for Barroids and Roidger

-------

His reasoning has nothing to do with steroids. He claims that Piazza isn't worthy of the HOF through the #s.

How can you have Larry Walker, Allan Trammel, Kenny Lofton and Tim Raines (all great player mind you) on your list over Mike Piazza.

He should have just said "I don't want to vote for him because he's a Met." At least that would have been honest.

It's hard to take any voter seriously who leaves piazza off their list.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • 86kid
KEN DAVIDOFF likes attention, and unfortunately all to often people give it to him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • yard24
well, there are terrible steriod rumors about Mike.
bad stuff. bad ache on his back, all the signs of taking steroids. really bothers me. but what can you do?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MetObserver
Rumors are just that rumors and without evidence it means nothing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • edmet
totally agree. he proved it when he ripped dickey.
  • Reply to this Message