• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• How much more obvious can the Wilpons make it?
Messages 546829.1 through 546829.2 were deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • bbjmparis

When the Mets lose 95-100 in 2013 and attendance drops to new lows, Fred and Jeff will have the perfect excuse to spend nothing. I'm amazed at how many just don't get it. The "plan" is to field a bunch of AAA players and a few never amounted to much vets who work cheap, and charge big league prices for a minor league product. That's great for Fred's wallet...bad for everything else.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • thebobymon

Bay's deferred money counts this year towards payroll.

By this logic Wright is still making his 15 million he was making before the extension, now add the extensions 8 million to that, that is 23 million on the books this year. Round that off to 30 million just for kicks.

See how this works?

Wait until the Santana explanation next year.

Its magical.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • spydermet
Wasn't this a movie? I wonder if there is a cutout of Fred in a bikini the the Mets locker room?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • skorpio520
idk.how much more obvious?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • METMAINEAC
Jobu left us after 2006.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546829.8 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • joemets22

Not only are they counting those players full deferred salaries toward's this year's payroll...I bet they'll still count the money deferred towards the payroll in future years to make it look bigger, basically double-counting that money.

If they weren't trying to pull one over on the fans, since they have no intention of spending this offseason, they wouldn't have deferred all that money to put on future years payrolls and would've just taken the hit this year.

• Reply to this Message