• To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • rangers61134465

cut off the mo zone

please

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet
Poor little babies cant hit homeruns lets bring in the fences.
What is this turning into romper room ?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546823.3 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • wildwin77
The park is fine as is; more of a pitcher's park for sure, but not nearly as bad as it once was.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • DFAB
I actually LIKE a pitchers park. The dimensions now are fine...the original ones were just nuts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • DFAB
+1
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546823.7 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • KLake409
I don't know why the Mets feel they need to keep Citifield as large as it is I mean 2/3 of Ike's HRs were on the road, Wright seldom hits any HRs to RCF anymore, now they got a new catcher who plays in the hitter friendly PCL and they gave up a Cy Young winner for him so it would just make a lot of sense to bring the fences in a few more feet (so he doesn't end up another bust like Bay) but the Mets will probably continue to be Pig Headed.

Edited 12/19/12   by  KLake409
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546823.9 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet
I dont think the new catcher will have trouble hitting home runs in cf because he has skills in hitting unlike some others on this team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • KLake409
What's the advantage of playing in a pitchers park anyway?, I mean they had only 2 championships in 45 years at shea and they have played horrible the first 4 years at Citifield (even worse than Shea) I don't see any advantage to a pitchers park (the Dodgers signed all kinds of big players and practically had an All Start Team last season but they still couldn't score many runs at home).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MetObserver
If your biggest asset is pitching what is wrong with a pitchers park? Moving in the fences will not make our hitters better than the other teams hitters. If the Mets score more runs with the fences in further it stands to reason the opposition will score more too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • DFAB
dude, have yo seen Ike's hrs? They would fly out of EVERY park including yellowstone...the dimensions won't affect him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • KLake409
Maybe but he did hit 2/3 of his HRs on the road last season so something was wrong and anyway I just don't see a big advantage to playing in a pitchers park, the Dodgers last season had one of the lowest runs scored even though they have practically an All Star team full of stars.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet

dude, have yo seen Ike's hrs? They would fly out of EVERY park including yellowstone...the dimensions won't affect him

Bingo

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • KLake409
Like I said it's not been a big advantage playing in a pitchers park
personally if I was the Mets I'd make Citifield a Neutral park and see what happens (they aren't going to be contending next season anyway so they have nothing to lose).
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/19/12
  • KLake409
I mean D'Arnaud plays in the hitter friendly PCL do we really want to risk him coming up and being yet another bust after we traded a Cy Young winner for him?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MetObserver
The fences being where they are will not make or break a player. Are you saying all this because you like games that end 12-9? I think the park is fine the way it is. Both teams play the same field so it is even and gives no one an advantage.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • OrangeandBlue86
I still think its too big. They could move the fences in a few more feet and it would still be a pitchers park and bigger than most. I really thyink Keith is right considering alderson is a power loving guy. He values power so much and its obvious thats what hes trying to bring here. This park is going to get in so many good hitters heads.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • hammr1952
LM^ao.
  • Reply to this Message