• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• I wonder if we could still get Olt somehow...
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • DFAB
Olt as a Dickey return didn't sound all that appealing but if we can get him after Dickey brought in all the right pieces, then that would be fantastic. I think Texas would probably rather hang onto their offensive prospects since they lost Hamilton though. But let's say they ARE willing to deal Olt, what would we have to give up to get him? Could they use some BP help? Flores + Mejia/Familia for Olt?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • KB24NYM
Maybe Flores + Gee? IDK...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • dineke
They're not dealing Olt for bullpen peices, they'll probably be asking about Neise.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546809.4 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • alex8686
I don't see the point in getting Olt. The guy is a 1B/3B. The Braves need a guy like that. The Mets are pretty much set there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • alex8686
I'm not big on Olt either. He'll be a solid major leaguer but I think he's more a Ty Wiggington type than a regular, consistent starter.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • AdrianMonk

He strikes out more than Kirk.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • DFAB
Gee? Eh Idk...I'd say if we signed Lannan then sure but we need Gee in the rotation. Maybe if they could give us an MLB ofer plus Olt then maybe we can build a package involving Flores and Gee. Or perhaps we could expand the package a little bit and say Olt+Buckel for Gee + Flores + Familia/Mejia + lower level prospect. Idk...
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • sheadro
They would want an immediate impact player. Do we have that guy on our roster? Now, No. But if Santana has a legit first half maybe he could be an asset for such a player
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546809.10 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • DFAB
didn't say they would deal Olt for bp pieces...I said that would be one of their needs. If they want Niese, it would take much more than Olt. A Niese package would cost them Olt + Perez + Buckel.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • DFAB
Olt would be a better fit for us than Flores would.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • DFAB
Flores is a 1b/3b type but that is pretty much it for him. Olt CAN actually move to the OF and play there without being a disgrace apparently.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • gomets66
olt is the 16th top prospect in mlb and #2 3B prospect. flores is the #10 3B prospect and theres doubts if he can play defense at the MLB level. niese could get talks started.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • DFAB
I'm not suggesting a Flores/Olt flip by any means but a package that would pretty much give us Olt in return for basically 2 top prospects in Flores and Familia. I think any such package would have to be expanded much like the Jays trade was.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • alex8686
Trading Niese tips the balance off too much. We'd be really thin on starters. It's a balanced blend right now with the Dickey trade. Maybe in 2014 when Wheeler is up and there's more money they can go ahead and trade Niese for prospects. He might have more value then too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • skorpio520

he was one of two guys i wouldve been happy with a return for dickey....

first choice was wil meyers,second and only other choice was d'arnaud.

sandy didnt let me down in this

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • bbjmparis

First Olt is a Duda clone. He stinks.

If you could get him for Mejia and Familia and Flores, fine. They stink too.

However, asking if Texas needs BP help shows you must have been living in a cave last year and missed our games. We have the WORST BP in all of baseball. Our BP couldn't help anyone...Did you see Mejia & Familiar pitch last year. They stink. Who would want either of them? I understand why you want to get rid of them...but you couldn't get a bag of balls for them.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet
The best chance of getting him would be if they gave him Niese. That would be a pretty good lineup.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • yanni1985
or how about d'Arnaud for Olt straight up? lol or Syndergaard + Flores for Olt? :)
  • Reply to this Message