• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Hicks, Buck, Cowgill
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • alex8686
We've added some power to the roster this offseason. All those guys can slug. We just need to resign Hairston now we'll have more power to go along with Davis, Duda, and Wright. It's happening. Slowly but surely we're getting there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • jt28da
I agree. Buck is a million times better than any power we had at Catcher. Being the backup, or the fill in till D'Arnaud is ready is a good start. Hicks, probably replaces Turner, and Hicks has much more upside than Turner, by far. Lastly, Cowgill is a nice pick up. I was hoping that if they got involved with the A's they'd be after Michael Tayler, which I still think would be a nice addition as well, Cowgill is solid. I've watched him play, has a plus arm, solid glove, and definitely some pop. Are they stars? Are they HUGE pickups? No, probably not, but overall, they are upgrades from what they had....
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546805.3 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • alex8686
Yeah I think Hicks is this year's Baxter. Excellent pick up. Lots of power and plays shortstop. The bench is getting much better because of additions like that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • skorpio520
guessing its bye bye turner and valdy?
hicks isnt a horrible move.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • alex8686
Turner will be around. Valdespin has options so he'll go down.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • thedamon

I don't think Valdespin is long for this organization...

I would be more surprised if he is in the organization come opening day than I would be if he was traded..

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • jt28da
I agree. It's a shame but Valdy is a headcase, and a young team does not need that... It's too bad that Sandy didn't make it a 4 player deal, include Valdy and get Sogard back from the A's. Valdy just doesn't fit, and I wish he did. He's got some pop, and some it factor, but he doesn't really have a position, and I think he'll be moved for a similar type player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • AdrianMonk

Hicks, Buck and Cowgill ... Are they remaking Gunsmoke or Bonanza?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • alex8686
lol, Sandy is a throwback.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546805.11 through 546805.12 were deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • edmet
minaya loves valdy, package him with a secondary pitching prospect to san diego for relief help. keep turner he is clutch.

Edited 12/19/12   by  edmet
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • wildwin77
I'm not sure anyone likes Valdespin, cool name aside, he just seems to constantly get in trouble for his odd behavior.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • alex8686
I think Valdespin gets a bad rap for no reason at all. Kind of like Reyes. Rollins and the Phillies always had these mysterious issues with Reyes.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • MetObserver
Valdy has become and was in the minors a hot dog and hasn't yet proved that he has that right. He is a watch me show off player. I am hoping for a trade this off season.
  • Reply to this Message