• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• So long Mike Nickeas
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • alex8686
You couldn't hit a lick. You were a decent backstop when we needed one bad. We remember the good times Mike. Be well. We appreciate your time here in NY.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546800.2 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • alex8686
Buck will be a big upgrade. Much more power. More experience behind the plate.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546800.4 was deleted
  • 12/19/12
  • OrangeandBlue86
The worst hitter in major league baseball is gone, shuks. I am not exaggerating on that either. Havingn him as a backup to the anemic thole was a slap in the face to met fans last year. They totally punted 2012 and i felt without even spending much money they could have put a porduct on the field that was at least .500 and competitive till much later in the year. Does it matter now No cus they werent making the postseason anyway but, there some cheap moves u can make here and there that at least prevent u from being such an incomplete team as was made evident in their epic collapse in july and august last yr. The fact we were all lefty, the fact we had those 2 catchers, heck even blanco could hit better, alot better, the fact that there was no sp depth, no bullpen to speak of and no reinforcements at the deadline.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • alex8686
Yeah I don't know why they aren't getting rule 5 players either. More can be done.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet

plus we got rid of thole. no more grounding out to second base every at bat. i love this trade

Thank Gaud

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet

Buck will be a big upgrade. Much more power. More experience behind the plate.<

I agree . .235 batting average 13 homeruns a year is better then. .175 batting average and 1 homerun a year

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • elguapo111
Thole had heart, its not his fault he had two concussions that ruined his approach at the plate, he was good before those concussions, yet as usual character and heart are overlooked by this met organization
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet
Buck can be compared to Rod Barajas . He dont hit much for average but. He shows some power every now and then
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • skorpio520
know whats funny? i actually like nickeaus. im not sad hes gone .just one of those players you like but have no idea why.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet

Thole had heart, its not his fault he had two concussions that ruined his approach at the plate, he was good before those concussions, yet as usual character and heart are overlooked by this met organization<

You are right. But its to bad for Thole he had the concussions and. Ruined his hitting production. But what are the Mets suppose to do keep a catcher who cant hit himself through a paper bag?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • jsmet

know whats funny? i actually like nickeaus. im not sad hes gone .just one of those players you like but have no idea why

He did have a good personality

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • wildwin77
I have Nickeas' autograph actually. Here's hoping he goes on to a 5 time MVP career so it'll be worth something.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • alex8686
Yeah just the threat of power is what can rattle a pitcher more. Buck brings that.
  • Reply to this Message