• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dickey was all smoke and mirrors
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • alfolerud
It was hard to root for a guy with so little talent. I'm confident he will flop on Toronto. Meanwhile, TDA will be a stud. Could be our cleanup hitter for over a decade.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546790.2 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • gomets66

I liked dickey but it makes me sick that our fans are bashing this move.>>>

it was a good move. whats sick is clowns now bashing dickey. well, clueless clowns.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • alfolerud
I really like it when success is based on talent. It's very hard for me to guage what talent really is when it comes to a knuckleball. To me, that pitch is for guys who don't have the talent and the arm stregth to throw real pitches. Dickey was a cute story for guys who catch feelings but let's be real...we need some legit stars. Wheeler and Harvey are the real aces with high velocities. TDA is going to be a major slugger. I'm happy we parted ways with Dickey.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • gomets66

TDA is going to be a major slugger>>>>

so was arencibia when he was a big time prospect a few years ago. that hasnt worked out yet. hopefully TDA will be a major slugger.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546790.6 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • steevo51

you are kidding, right?

I'm ok with the trade, but to toss dirt on Dickey and make remarks basically saying "high-velocity = real aces" makes me question your true understanding of the game

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • alfolerud
Yes, that KC package would have been sweet. Myers is even more of a sure thing than TDA.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • alfolerud
Arencibia was always a flawed hitter. TDA is an all-around offensive star.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546790.10 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • met_man99
"I really like it when success is based on talent." I'll admit that despite his continuous success I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop, but this statement is just absurd. Oliver Perez and Mike Pelfrey had all the talent in the world. Just because you can throw hard doesn't make you good, it's the stuff between the ears that make winning pitchers. You couldn't have more of a bulldog on the mound than RA Dickey. I'm thrilled we made the trade, as it works out well for both sides. But your rationale about "talent" is freaking absurd.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • alfolerud
I've always disliked Dickey. I never had anything good to say about him. The knuckleball is a complete joke of a pitch. He probably doesn't even know where it's going most of the time. Anyone who liked Dickey just likes rooting for the underdog. I like rooting for the supreme talent.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • alfolerud

I'm not saying talent alone = success. Obviously a player has to harness it.

But I'm glad we agree that the otehr show is about to drop for Dickey. Meanwhile, with a stud like Harvey, we know he will be good for years to come.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546790.14 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • gomets66

Arencibia was always a flawed hitter.>>>

he was considered a top 50 prospect. not as high as TDA, but still high. so i will be hopeful that TDA becomes a very good hitter in the majors in a couple years.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • piazza5715
3 straight years of good pitching isn't smoke and mirrors. I don't think he'll do as well in the A.L. but I think he'll be a very good pitcher if he stays healthy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • MetsMan
I like this TDA kid, he seems to have a bit of grit about him, something that we lack in our milk and vanilla type of players we currently have..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • met_man99
I said I was waiting for the other shoe to drop...It's obvious now that it wont. Dickey pitching in a dome half the year against the likes of the aggressive Rays and Orioles will only help him. Great trade for both involved, that's what you call a win-win.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • reinman43
The best part of that deal was getting rid of Thole & Nickeas.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...so Phil Niekro, who won 120 games after age 40 and is in the HOF, didn't have any talent?...you are a clueless b00b...
  • Reply to this Message