• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Sandy:Hmm we dont mind overpaying Hmmm
Message 546785.1 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • marvelousmarvin
Well, the Mets sure are used to it. If that is the case, he should sign Bourne.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546785.3 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • marvelousmarvin
They have $7M to spend. As far as pitchers, maybe they will bring back Chris Young on incentives. Hefner can be a decent 5th starter if Mejia falters. I think they have enough pitching to not spend significant coin on that and sign a real outfielder with the $7M.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • gomets66
what real outfielders are left as free agents? ross is still holding out for 3 years. hairston? might have to go the trade route. doesnt sound like much there either.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • PrayedforBay
I think a likely target is Bourjos. While its no secret I want the guy, he is sought after. Sandy did hint that he was looking at Bourjos.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • Moses0507
Bourn Stinks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • njmets80

When the season ended they said there would be changes. The only changes have been penny pinching moves. Bbetween Dickey,Wright, & Bay they have saved 20M from this yrs payroll. How can they justify signing nothing for this yr ?????

7M more than they will spend on anyone. This is a joke of a yr this yr & I hope not even 1M people show up to watch this team.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546785.9 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • joebenigno

means they will spend slightly above market value

wilpons have no money to spend, they are the root of the problem. any FA signing inaction must be blamed on the Wilponzis

Sandy is being asked to make a 20 dollar meal out of 1 dollar

• Reply to this Message
Message 546785.11 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • marvelousmarvin
There are no deals out there. Cody Ross would be fine for a couple of years if the price was right. Austin Kearns would be cheap but no better than Duda. I wish one of the younguns would have a great spring and push themselves on to the team. Capt Kirk has the best chance to do that, though with the existing crew, he's probably made the team. He wilted last season. 98 whiffs in 282 or so ab's. Not one legit and proven outfielder on the roster.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • nocedog
I'll bet HE probably doesn't. Unfortunately, it's the Wilps who do.

Edited 12/18/12   by  nocedog
  • Reply to this Message