• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Nothing against Cowgill but we dont need another 4th OFer
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • dave4585
Can we not have entire outfield of 4th outfielders or platoon players? I'm not trying to jump the gun there's still time for a move but we don't have one impact bat in the outfield
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • thebobymon

Depth is good, but I agree about the impact bat.

This guy could be a nice under the radar move.

We need to replace what Bay was supposed to be, or legitimize CF.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • marvelousmarvin
Why don't we need a 4th outfielder? Yes, we also need a starter and Cowgill does not necessarily become that starter.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • murphstates
I think it was more a comment on the overall quality of our outfielders. We have a whole bunch of fourth outfielders.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • MetObserver
Can't just be that we are strengthening our farm with outfielders by trading from a strength?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • marvelousmarvin
I'm not even sure we have that. Or, maybe , our outfield is comprised of 4th outfielders, in which case, the poster is right. Cowgill is not a bad 4th outfielder pickup, gotten for practically nothing. And unlike a Rule 5 pickup, he can be sent down and remain under control.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • marvelousmarvin
If Cowgill goes to LV, he might start hitting like a star. Have got to field a decent team there too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • gomets66

gotten for practically nothing>>>

thats about it. mets lost nothing for a last guy on the bench type.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • DFAB

"Cowgill does not necessarily become that starter."

We all (or at least I did) thought the same about Torres last year. No way I though they were going to pass him as a starter....and....we know the rest....

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • davesod5
For anyone who didnt understand like murph stated what i meant is our outfield is full of 4th outfielders not that I dont like Cowgill as potentially our 4th outfielder. i dont think its a bad move its just not the big move we need for our outfield
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • DFAB
agree
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546783.12 was deleted