• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Noah Syndergaard
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • melloca
I just saw an article in the NYDN where Syndergaard is being investigated by the Mets for posting an anti homophobic tweet. This allegedly happened around the 9th of December.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • Bozack
Well that would be a good thing, since a homophobic tweet is bad, so an anti-homophobic tweet is a non homophobic tweet. So he's bashing the homophobics??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • JackNicholson

For those who didn't see the tweet (it was deleted a little after it was posted), the tweet was directed to a friend of his.

It was: @(whoever) nice crocs f**

It was a bad and stupid thing to post, but it is being overblown as a direct homophobic remark, as (and I do not know intentions or Noah's beliefs) it seemed as a jokingly insult to a friend, such as saying, "Nice crocs, loser."

In my opinion, it was stupid of him to post that. But he knew it was a mistake and deleted it. The biggest problem now is that Andy Martino of the NY Daily News is writing an article about it and is set to confront Syndeergard in the conference call announcing the trade. For some reason, he is trying to pin him as a homophobe when we really have no idea what his actual beliefs are.

A terrible mistake, but also awful journalism. Martino could have wrote about anything, especially athletes stepping up in the community around the holidays and helping out in Newtown, but he decided that this was a bigger issue.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • wright75
any way this town's media can find a way to trash you, they will use it
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • calimets14
Don't we all know that's true! Such a small thing will be made huge because it's NY media. He's 20 f*&^ing years old. I'm glad nobody has a transcript of the stupid S#@T I did at 20!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • thebobymon
If this becomes an issue we need to blow this planet up ASAP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • Bozack
Yes, truly awful journalism! An anti-croc comment is obviously a joke, but the Politically Correct Police have to jump all over him before he is even officially a Met. I don't know why anyone would have a twitter account, they can be a serious liability if your not carefull, how many people have lost jobs and opportunities because of some silly jokes or off the cuff comments. He's only a kid and they have to jump all over him, what's ironic, is no fashion concious g ay na n would be caught dead in crocs, with the R.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • Johnny1974
Maybe that's why we got a great deal. Sure beats a hidden injury.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • AdrianMonk

Alot of kids do that these days, even 10 year olds who don't know what they're talking about.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • thedamon

i'll glad to see that Martino is pretty much getting a 8-1 negative reaction for this..

The guy has had an agenda against the trade because of the personal relationships he built with Thole and Dickey.. and thats fine.. He can still call them and text them and write them letters when ever he wants..

The digging up trash on the kid that was obviously just joking with his friend is classless. The kid is years away and was making a joke.. Make a joke does not make you homophobic.. Just like booing Castillo didn't make Mets fans racist as Martino would have you believe..

Digging up the dirt was not his job.. Rubin, Lenon, Puma, DiComo didn't it do.. He reason for doing is to fold: to bash this trade in anyway because of his friendships and to push liberals censoring ideals upon us..

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • skorpio520
welcome to the ny media noah.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • FireTwuck
so.....they were pink crocs.

Edited 12/18/12   by  FireTwuck
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546759.14 through 546759.15 were deleted