• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• eric young
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • sheatony

I approve the trade the Mets made just made, this team needs a leadoff hitter. In my opinion Eric Young Outfielder with The Rockies would be a low cost trade option for Alderon and company. He can play all 3 outfield positions and it would not take much to pry him from Colorado.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • edmet
i am in the sign m.bourn camp, but this is a great suggestion. i know the mets wont pony up for bourn, this is a more realistic get. the mets have reportedly expressed interest in the past. the rox are always looking for pitching, and they have reportedly been interested in turner in the past. they have used young as a utility guy. great speed, switch hitter, not much power but he can steal bases. i dont know how good he is in cf, but he has the wheels. i would hate to lose turner, we have plenty of lefty bats we really need justin. maybe valdespin and a 2nd tier pitching prospect, say gorski or mchugh? i think young is the kind of guy sandy wants, good obp. wouldn't surprise me at all if sandy has targeted him, great idea.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • skorpio520
if no bourne,would rather him than bourjos
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • Tahsin

You are enamored with an aging (30 by 2013 season) speed based player that has never hit above 300 and one season of OBP above 350. A player that has diminished defensive capabilities. A player that will financially hamper the Mets in 2-3 years when they are planning to contend.

Bourn will command 4-5 years at 15 million dollars per season.

Do you think that Bourn will contribute to the team at the ages of 33+? What do you think his BA/OBP/SB will be when Bourn is 33 or older?

Thank goodness you are not the GM for the Mets.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • oceans48
SA said he wants another starter and reports are sounding like some RH OF help is on the way. How's this: resign Chris Young, sign Delman Young and trade for Eric Young. Gives us pitching depth, a power RHOF and a leadoff hitter. Fits all our needs, while getting Young and older at the same time too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/28/12
  • edmet
if i were mets gm we would take a shot at WC this yr AND protect our better prospects. signing bourn helps accomplish that. i would not give bourne 4 or 5 yrs at $15m. my offer would be 4 yrs at $52m total with a player opt out after 1st or 2nd yr.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/19/13
  • metsheart
"this team needs a leadoff hitter. In my opinion Eric Young Outfielder with The Rockies would be a low cost trade option for Alderon and company. He can play all 3 outfield positions and it would not take much to pry him from Colorado"

You TOTALLY pegged it!! All the way back in December!!! Kudos!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/19/13
  • shawnfrompa
Nice call....
  • Reply to this Message