New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Outfield help on the way? Mike Puma says yes
  • To:All
  • 12/18/12
  • fnatic10

Mike Puma ?@NYPost_Mets

Also, it sounds as if the Mets may have a new OF addition in the next few days. Front office has been working on something.
http://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/280888125725757440

Mike Puma ?@NYPost_Mets

Was only told it's a name that hasn't been linked to the Mets.
http://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/280888836651884544

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • CHOOin2014
Niese and Flores for Justin Upton!!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546747.3 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • 86kid

Upton's name hasn't been linked to the Mets ?

Plus I doubt there is away that Alderson is trading another one of his experienced starters. He already said he's actually in the market for another arm now that he's dealt Dickey.

Edited 12/18/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • CHOOin2014

Only from hope and speculation of Mets fans.

True. Which, is totally fine by me. As depleted and desperate as we are in the OF, keeping Niese and starting pitching intact won't find many complaints.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • skorpio520

why? why? why???

a)why trade our second best starter after trading our first?

b) what is this obsession ppl have with trading away a young,cheap lefty under control for the next 5 years?

why?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • elguapo111
why? because the mets organization are a bunch of losers. they trade the warrior and keep the wimp
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • skorpio520
not a fan of trading dickey i see. sorry,your not gonna find a friend here, i liked the trade and like wrights contract.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • CHOOin2014

Simple. You trade from surplus.

Our OF could be described as comparable (or even WORSE) to many Double-AA teams. If Upton, who is younger than Niese and also signed to a friendly contract, can be had, you have to give it serious thought.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the sheer importance of starting pitching, but our OF exists in a state that could be described as a black hole (Dud a, Niewenhuis and Baxter).

Edited 12/18/12   by  CHOOin2014
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546747.10 was deleted
  • 12/18/12
  • CHOOin2014

Doubt it. We've been heavily linked to him in the past.

He would cost too much, too...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • fredhoss
I don't like the idea of trading a young lefty SP for an OF. The Mets know they aren't competing in 2013 and are looking to 2014 and beyond. You keep Niese and sign a FA for the outfield next year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • captainmet
Please shut up
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • murphstates
MLBTR says the Dodgers are shopping Andre Ethier.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • CHOOin2014
Ok. Since you said, "please."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • captainmet
Seriously I'm tired of these trade ideas, people had us trading Dickey, Niese and Flores for Myers and D'Arnaud, I said Dickey alone was enough but nooo I had to be nuts. Now we are trading the other two thirds for an outfielder who has not proven much. Stop people. Upton is not on the market and again Niese alone could reap us a talented outfielder but we would be nuts to trade another pitcher at this point anyway. Think Gorski for Crisp and reality looks so much clearer
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • bbjmparis
Niese and Flores for J Upton? Horrible trade. With Dickey gone, our starting pitching stinks. Niese is our best pitcher. Can't trade him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • spydermet

"not a fan of trading dickey i see. sorry,your not gonna find a friend here, i liked the trade and like wrights contract."

Others have also said they don't like the trade. Your opinion isn't that important. You are right that M O S T agree with you on this, but not veveryone does.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • spydermet
With Wheeler likely starting in AAA and newly acquired Syndergaard in A ball, we no longer have much of a surplus of starting pitching.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • viper99
Oh my God, Andre Ethier. Lol
  • Reply to this Message