New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mets trashing RA, think u r dopes
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • yard24

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know you must have read some of the trash talk by the Mets against RA Dickey, reason is they think you are stupid. The Mets think they can say anything to you and you will believe them.

Imagine, this they tried and failed to tarnish RA Dickey's image.

At the end of the day the Mets are a lousy organization, how David Wright thinks differently is beyond my understanding.

The handling of Jose Reyes and now RA Dickey tells me the guys in the ivory tower are dysfunctional.
The end

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • frozensoda
How could you say Mets organization is dishonest & dysfunctional? After all they said they were going to make signing Dickey a priority & they would go after him aggressively & then they proved they meant it by offering him less $ than Ollie Perez.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 546732.3 through 546732.4 were deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • met_man99
95 losses without Dickey, 85 losses with him...what's your point?

Edited 12/17/12   by  met_man99
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546732.6 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • metsfanforlife

My vote for post of the year!!!

LETS GO METS!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • frozensoda
They got back more in the trade than I thought they would but it doesn't change the fact they lied about how aggressively they would pursue a new contract w/ RA.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • anthony888

Give the owners a little credit.

They had one of the highest payrolls in MLB for a number of years, and lost. It's time to take a few steps and allow the organization to rebuild from within.

Dumping salaries and players that don't fit the long term plan is perfectly acceptable.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • eastvisitr
It was a trade that had to be done because of our owners financial situation, and Sandy did a very nice job on the return. It doesn't change the fact that the Wilpons are poor owners. I don't know why they handled things the way they did, attempting to tarnish Dickeys reputation. They don't have enough credibility left that would allow fans to believe them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • Metsbert

~~~ They got back more in the trade than I thought they would but it doesn't change the fact they lied about how aggressively they would pursue a new contract w/ RA. ~~~

How do you know they lied? Did you consider that when they made that statement they meant it? But then 6-8 different GM's came calling asking if R.A. was available, and Sandy & Co. changed their minds and figured trading R.A. was a better option. I clearly remember them saying they were looking to trade him if the right package of prospects was offered.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • marvelousmarvin
I guess you didn't bother to listen to or read what Alderson had to say about RA.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • deviljuice

"the point is you're better with him than without. Thought that was obvious... "

It doesn't make a difference if you are not in the playoffs. At the end of September third place and last place are the same exact thing.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • edmet
they made a great trade but bad mouthing RA was foul. jeff wilpon is a dope.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • BigTon
I agree.First the whole "Batting Chump" thing with Reyes and now this with Dickey.If he were ever to make an appearance in Citi i'm sure he'd get a standing-o.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • 86kid

Can you tell me where & how the Mets trashed Dickey ?

I have not seen or heard anything of the kind. Where did you read or hear this ?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • yard24
try a google search. it's everywhere
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • 86kid
I'm was asking you a simple question, not being a wise-a
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • yard24
huh? yes, and I was just giving you an answer. google RA Dickey and you will find the stories. At this point they are a little old so you might have to dig a little.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • 86kid
I'll do that, but is this trashing stuff that the Mets actually said, or is it just writer speculation and rumor ?
  • Reply to this Message