- Cody Ross
- Nick Swisher
- Scott Hairston
- Michael Bourn
- G. Sizemore
Might have to go the trade route on this one!!
bourn will probably be out of the mets budget.....unfortunately.
they should sign ross
- Cody Ross.......probably the most likely signing, though not for 3 years and not more than 7m per...even that would be a bit much. His numbers would suffer moving from Fenway to CF
- Nick Swisher......too expensive and his hr numbers would be cut in half moving to CF...is average would probably drop significantly. He is a good player to add to an already great lineup.
- Scott Hairston.....would love to have him back and we have NO reason NOT to bring him back. A 2 year 8m contract is a fair value given what he did last year and would be a good guy to bring back.
- Michael Bourn......too expensive obviously so no chance he's a Met although we COULD afford him given what ownership has said what the payroll would be...but they are probably lying AGAIN
- G. Sizemore....wouldn't mind giving him a cheap contract to see what he can do
Couple of addons:
Willingham: would be a very good pickup and shouldn't cost more than a couple of mid level prospects given we pay his remaining salary...makes a lot of sense
Upton: next to no chance of happening but would be a great pickup as he can help now AND be a part of the future
Trumbo: also would be a great pickup and shouldn't cost a ton....Familia+Flores+DD/Kirk should be enough. We might even be able to give up less if we were willing to take on Wells as well. Wells is worth nowhere near his contract but is still a decently solid OFer.
Being that 2013 should solely be used to evaluate what we have, and make definitive decisions on who is or is not going to be a part of this team, I would have no problem going with an OF of:
Hairston - Duda platoon in LFKirk in CF (DD waiting in the wings if Kirk falters)Juan Lagares in RF