• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Pelfrey was a good pitcher for us.
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • RomneyandRyan

As you all know by now Mike Pelfrey signed a 1 year deal with the Twins today so for now his stay with Mets is over.

Most in here think that he was a bad pitcher, but i think he was pretty good. Pelfrey was drafted very high, and was considered to be one of the best, can't miss #1 type of pitcher coming out from college. That's what Mets fans expected from him.

He is not that, Pelfrey is more of a #4 or #5 type of a guy, if you look at his numbers without seeing a name attached to it and you are told this is a #4 starter you would say that he is doing a good job. The issue here is that the fan base expected much more and for whatever reason it did not happen. It's not that Pelfrey was bad, it's just that he wasn't what people expected him to be.

I am glad that he is gone because every time he would pitch like that #4 guy that he is he would hear it from the crowd.

Let's be honest here, when you were born your mom hoped and expected you to be a doctor who would cure cancer, sadly it did not work out that way but i am sure your mom does not bring that up every time you talk, she does not scold you for not living up to that.

Also, R.A. Dickey was also a high draft pick and became a total BUST, he took his time and became a better pitcher, i think Pelfrey will do the same.

• Reply to this Message