• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Good job, Sandy, now trade Flores for an outfielder.
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • brianinwi
Don't stop now... Flores for Bourjos straight up?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • alfolerud
I'd also be interested in Fowler, De Aza, Brantley and Parra.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • brianinwi
Lots of options...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 86kid
I don't know about him, but trading Flores for an outfielder of equal upside, would certainly seem to make some sense.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • DFAB
If Flores is going to LA, Trumbo better be the OFer coming back NOT Bourjos. I'm not against getting Bourjos but not at the price of any good prospects.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • brianinwi
Seems like there should be a AA power-hitting stud outfielder with good athleticism on a team looking to find a 3rd baseman somewhere...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • bucknerismyhero
How does that make sense? Trumbo is a proven MLB power hitter, Flores is an intriguing prospect who probably doesn't have a position...I would personally drive Flores to Cali, but Trumbo, if traded at all, is going for a helluva lot more than Flores.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • DFAB
Never said straight up...just said if I'm trading Flores, Trumbo better be part of the deal and not Bourjos. Flores+Familia+DD/Kirk would be fair.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • brianinwi
That's too much to give up... I'd rather just trade Flores for his outfield-playing equivalent.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Melo15nym
I think we can do better than that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • thegooch42
All you idiots asking for something better then bourjos must not realize that hes the best defensive cf'er in all of baseball even better then trout. He'll also steal 30+ bases a year. This is centerfield, a position that demands great defense, who cares if he hits .240 you bat him 7th or 8th. Not every position player needs to hit .300
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • metsheart
Seems likely Alderson's next move is RH OF. And BP additions.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • brianinwi
Flores is coming off a really big season, kept his hot streak going in winter ball and has no position with the Mets. I think he's a tradeable commodity to a team looking for a long-term answer at 3rd base.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • DFAB
For someone like Trumbo I don't think it would be too much at all. If you look at it as 2 top prospects plus a mid level prospect for Trumbo, I can understand the "overpayment" reasoning. However, the pieces that we are giving up are expendable. Flores has no future with this team other than trade bait. Familia is a top pitching prospect but we have a lot of young good arms in the minors so we would be dealing from a strength. DD/Kirk would just be a throw in. If we were willing to pay Wells, we might be able to get both of them for just 1 of Flores/Familia
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • metsheart
ABSOLUTELY!! Worth at least some team's spare minor league OF that's bocked in majors.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Melo15nym
I'm not saying he's bad, but if were trading Flores we could get someone better.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • brianinwi
Like who?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • CHOOin2014

I would want to hold onto him until at least the end of the year...

He'll be hitting in the PCL, a league is notorious for inflating numbers (Myers, Olt).

Wilmer could hit .350 with 25 HRs and net us two more A+ prospects...

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • brianinwi
That could work, too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/18/12
  • AdrianMonk

I'd rather you figure out a way to get Bryce Brentz.
  • Reply to this Message