• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• mejjia #5
  • To:All
  • 12/17/12
  • edmet
why not? he is healthy, give him his shot. wheeler will be up soon enuf, lets see what we have in mejjia. santana harvey niese gee mejjia with wheeler at AAA till july or august ok with me. if someone gets hurt, wheeler. i think thats mets plan. what we need = 2 outfielders, 1 with rh power, 1 a leadoff hitter. good CF D also. bourn and hairston. i know boras is tuff, but bourn's market appears to be limited we should take a look see. wright ike and darnaud need a table setter, the pitchers need a good CF. the mets have saved a load of $. spend some.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Kranesback
I agree...in fact I hope Familia wins the #5 slot ove Gee in ST.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

I always liked his stuff. This would be a good year to audition... Bring Familia and Mejia up and see what happens.

What is there to lose? Gotta find out if they're major league talent and where they can contribute best.

• Reply to this Message
Message 546631.4 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • Oldfan

I think Alderson mentioned Mejia would become the starter if Dickey or Niese were traded.

Plenty can happen between now and OD, but Mejia is the frontrunner.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • hammr1952
exactly +1.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546631.7 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • gomets66
wheeler can take mejia's spot when mejia reaches his innings limit. if he lasts that long and if he gets the 5th spot.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • gomets66

I agree...in fact I hope Familia wins the #5 slot ove Gee in ST. >>>

collins already said familia would be in the running to win a bullpen spot in ST. if he doesnt win one, he will start games at AAA until they need another reliever.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • viper99
Familia to BP, Mejia #5.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • DFAB
wanted us to sign Lannan...don't think Mejia is a SP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • JamesHetfi3ld

I'm down for that.

It'll give me a reason to watch next year, in addition to D'Arnaud, Wheeler, Harvey, and Davis. This may be the most exciting year in a long time, as far as I'm concerned. There's finally hope on the horizon.

Still not a very good team, but the pieces are beginning to fall into place.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • viper99
Lets give him a chance. Is not like we're winning the NL east. He has the best stuff from the likes of Familia, Hefner, etc.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Kranesback
We have no idea how these prospects will work out. For all we know, Wheeler could end up as our closer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • nymets0217

1) Santana
2) Niese
3) Gee
4) Harvey
5) Mejia

I'll take that out of training camp

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/28/12
  • edmet
i agree with your rotation out of camp and i am still smitten with your avatar, where can i find her?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/28/12
  • 4545_ajd
I would not want to just give him the spot but I have no problem letting him compete for the spot.
  • Reply to this Message