• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• dark days as a mets fan
Message 546605.1 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • 4545_ajd
I don't think you have made yourself clear, do you not like the trade?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 546605.3 was deleted
  • 12/17/12
  • joemets22

For some it's the principle more than anything.

I'm fine with the value we got in the trade. But the fact is that Sandy did have to trade a Cy Young award winner to fill holes because of the Wilpons complete lack of desire to win. That's what I don't like.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • jets_mets
If thats really how you see this situation then I feel bad for you. Typical impatient NY fan.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • 4545_ajd

"But the fact is that Sandy did have to trade a Cy Young award winner to fill holes because of the Wilpons complete lack of desire to win. That's what I don't like."

He didn't have to, but even if they were going to spend there really isn't much out there.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • METMAINEAC

Do people not understand there are two pretty polarizing sides to this deal? Both of which have their merits?

Is it not understandable that people might be pizzssed thier favorite player, single reason to watch, fan fave desiring to remain with the club, was just traded on the heels of winning a CYA?

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • nocedog
Notice how 99.9% of people completely disagree with you? Notice how every GM in baseball and every baseball writer and tv analyst thinks the mets made an amazing trade???
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • joemets22
That's only if you're looking at solely this offseason. If they had spent along the way we wouldn't have as many holes to fill.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • fargol
It's always dark where you are.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • frkaz911

Get over it. I admired RA a lot, and nobody can discount the contribution he made to the team, but the trade was a smart one for everyone involved. Even RA said that he wanted to stay, but if leaving was best for the team, he could accept that. He's class act, and he appreciates the fact that the Mets and their fans gave him a chance that no one else would. He could very well win a world championship with the Jays, something he would have never seen had he finished his career as a Met.

As far these being "dark days", my guess is that you haven't been a Mets fan very long.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • MetObserver

This not wanting to win is getting old. If you wanted to live in a penthouse apartment with a Central Park view but only made 40K a year wouldn't that be an impossible dream at that point? The same with the Mets, the owners would like nothing better than to win but they don't have the resources at this time to just buy players. So the best avenue now is to try and go younger and create an interesting team that will draw more fans to games in order to be able to afford to make the team better in the future through re-investment of profits.

It may not be the way fans want it but it may be the only way the owners can afford to go.

Now don't start with the Wilpon defender attacks. I would like to have a higher payroll too but I do realize that without an infusion of cash(say by selling the team) it may be the only course that we have to follow.

The bulk of the Wilpons wealth is now invested in Real Estate and with that market as depressed as it is there is not a lot of hope with these owners unless that market turns around abruptly or the team starts to make money.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • johnyringo

I have been a Mets fas since '86 and these are the darkest days I have seen....the second half last year was the worse 1/2 season of BB I wver watched....

RA is going to be good for a long time to come....we needed him for the future

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • Mort2112
Correction. Typical NYY fan.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • nocedog

The thing is, we are all unhappy to see him leave. None of us want to be in this position.

All of the minuscule army of people acting like this is the worst thing that ever happened are experiencing an inability to see the big picture. Plain and simple. All they can see is "we just traded a cy young winner and now well never win". There's no valid argument against the fact that this is just a limited viewpoint

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • omarzdman

Actually our spending under Minaya is exactly why we are in this predictament to begin with.

He spend way too much on contracts to old washed up players and traded away much of the farm as well.

I like the way our organization is heading and if us Mets fans can be patient for about 2 more years we can be competitive again at last.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • nocedog

In other words, I'd like to see one of these guys lay out a well thought out reason wht trading dickey for these guys is a horrible idea.

I guarantee all you will get is emotional rhetoric and a lot of whining.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • grod_3
"Typical impatient NY fan"??? Just how many playoff seasons have you seen the Mets have in the last 10 years?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • johnyringo

Mets fans have been patient already....6 straight years of terrifible efforts/performances....

We are a bit past the "be patiente" phase and more into the show me something phase

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/17/12
  • saztastic2012
You think this is about money??????
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Brian McCann
Latest by Bwaah - 12:07 PM
Knock Collins all you want!
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:05 PM
Since those first 3 games...
Latest by thagreat1 - 12:03 PM
Chris Young batting .200, anyone surprised?
Latest by elguapo111 - 12:03 PM
Oh, and BTW.. Davis is 0-9 and at .227
Latest by panthernet - 12:03 PM
Minor League Baseball
Latest by miracl3met - 12:00 PM
Beautiful play!
Latest by AdrianMonk - 11:59 AM
Musician Name Game
Latest by jereviens - 11:54 AM
It's a shame we passed on Abreu and Cruz...
Latest by ucpatoi - 11:53 AM
Three Funniest Posters
Latest by jereviens - 11:43 AM